Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.32.143
Sign in to follow this  
clearsight

Amazon Prime kills my pfSense Router...

So something strange is happening.

I am mostly connected to an German Server. Also most Server dont work anyway with Amazon Prime.

But at least two i know of do. But that is not the pont.

So i have a Zotac Z-Box, setted it up with the pfSense Guide from the Forum here and everything is just good. Full speed, connection encrypted, perfect.

No issues, except with Amazon Prime.

From time to time, when i watch Amazon Prime on my Smart TV or with an Fire TV SetupBox it kills my router. That means my pfSense router just does not react anymore, i have to press the powerbutton on the device itself to turn it off and turn it on again.

And i have no fucking clue, how Amazon Prime is able to kill my router. I mean what is happening that it can do that to the router.

Has anybody any clue?

Do you need more information? Ask i try to say what i know, but i am no expert in pfSense etc. But i just dont understand how a website can manage to kill a router that it is not reacting anymore.

You should then attach an SSH session and reproduce it while watching the syslog. There is no enough info about why it can happen.

Also check what happens to other devices on the network while in that state.

I dont know how to reproduce it. It happens from time to time. No real pattern on which exactly it acts etc.

Also i have no idea what i should kept in sight in the systemlog... like i said i am more of a user then an admin in pfsense etc.

The other devices also cant connect to the router, every device is disconnected from the internet.

am mostly connected to an German Server. Also most Server dont work anyway with Amazon Prime.

But at least two i know of do. But that is not the pont.

Mind to share which german servers working with Amazon Prime Video?

So no other Ideas what else could be wrong and how i can help you to help me?

I tried also with putty to connect, in the state of no reaction over the browser. No connection can be established with putty either =(