Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.212.138
DarkKman

New Review from TechRadar

Just stumbled across this review from TechRadar so thought I'D post it here. Two of the main reasons for me joining AirVPN was security and speed and that's what is being praised here. The port forwarding is just icing on the cake. Excellent work guys - keep up the good work!

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/airvpn

Hello!

Thanks! Although I don't agree with the listed Con:

Against
  • Below average speeds on some servers
  • Windows client can be tricky to use

Really? Hard to use? You login and click a big button saying connect to recommended server. I also dislike their vagueness when they say "they use cookies" without specifying which ones. Relevant, when cookies are needed for logging into the forum and thus might not have anything to do with tracking.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Yeah, I find myself questioning the cons as well. I get much better speed on the servers than these guys, and I have tested them in every country. They claim the client can be tricky to use (ridiculous), and the cookies part was vague and I was thinking it might worry people who'd read it thanks to the clumsy phrasing. Oh boy, I am such an Air fanboy

Overall a good review. I agree though, their claim that Eddie is tricky to use is just daft. I'm no technology expert and don't find it tricky at all.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I find myself questioning the cons as well. I get much better speed on the servers than these guys, and I have tested them in every country. They claim the client can be tricky to use (ridiculous), and the cookies part was vague and I was thinking it might worry people who'd read it thanks to the clumsy phrasing. Oh boy, I am such an Air fanboy

They do say some servers, not all. That is something i agree with. Although, when connecting to another server halfway around the world it is to be expected to get slower speeds. But when connecting to a server within the same country as yourself? Not so much.

They do say some servers, not all. That is something i agree with. Although, when connecting to another server halfway around the world it is to be expected to get slower speeds. But when connecting to a server within the same country as yourself? Not so much.

Yes, I am aware of what they said, which is why I specified I have tested the servers in every country. There are always people with speed issues for any number of reasons, obviously - but if they are going to present their findings as some kind of universal truth I felt it prudent to mention it doesn't apply to everyone.

I use the Tunnelblick client, so even though a server switch is more involved, I still feel that I can get the speeds I need and the interface is light.

the thing about the 'vpn review' stuff and this includes myself from my own review, is everyone uses

things different, what i mean by that is the individual's config

until someone shows their whole box's config and how they actually route things, have their local set up

all the way down to the OS and what else it is doing well point is a 'review' is really 'relative'

the way i use 'arch linux' can be completely different than the way someone else uses it

someone else might have a better config than me, better 'habits' maybe even read a manual

k, done gripen

I don't agree with the two very artificial cons , but keep in mind that Techradar needs adverts to live .

Airvpn guys don't pay enough

I don't agree with the two very artificial cons , but keep in mind that Techradar needs adverts to live .

Airvpn guys don't pay enough o:)

We don't pay at all for reviews.

Airvpn guys don't pay enough

We don't pay at all for reviews.
I know, it was a (bad) joke and an implicit reproach to all of big vpn cies who pay alot ...them !

Where'd they get that screenshot?  I've never seen a day when a Swedish or Dutch server ranked 5 stars. I've only ever seen that many stars on Canadian servers. Anyway, they have to be idiots to think that Eddie is complicated or confusing.  Sheesh.  I first used AirVPN back when they only had a half dozen or so servers, the founder routinely showed up on the forum and you had to screw around for an hour configuring Comodo to do the same thing the network lock does with one click. And don't even get me started on the Android variant.  That was so easy it surprised me.

I just watched a bunch of reviews for the Vivaldi browser that finally convinced me that most reviews are more about the laziness and ineptness of the reviewer than they are about the qualities of the products they purport to be reviewing.   Frankly, I'm getting sick of reading reviews from people who don't have or don't care to spend any time with the product they're reviewing before spouting off with their ill informed opinions.