Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.130.73
Staff

ipleak.net - Update January 2017

Hello!

It looks all futuristic Staff, good work, it's all working fine on mobile and desktop. I like what you've done with the WebRTC detection. It would be neat if a utility such as the EFFs Panopticlick were either added to the test options somehow or otherwise referenced at the bottom, so as to test for unique browser configurations, but know that'll just mean extra work for you .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Been visiting for a while but just registered to say a couple of things, i'm not a big 'forum' person but have been visiting site for a while: First, to say, the new site changes look great. Good job

Second, I had been using the api via powershell (using Invoke-RestMethod) for periodic checks for DNS info (e.g. https://<random_long_hash>.ipleak.net/json) , however, yesterday something changed with the api with something appended to the beginning of the JSON. It worked fine until the site changes. Now the error is "Select : Property "query_text" cannot be found." and its failing because of something being appended to the beginning of the JSON. To illustrate with an example - now the returned content looks like this:

/home/ramtemp/dnsdetection/qx43adjl7pcmbi8z1rkdaqcoy5lufsxmhg26wpn9<hr>{"country_code":"US","country_name":"United States","region_code":"TX","region_name":"Texas","city_
name":"Plano","latitude":33.0362,"longitude":-96.6712,"metro_code":623,"area_code":"213","time_zone":"America\/Chicago","continent_code":"NA","postal_code":null,"isp_name
":"Total Server Solutions L.L.C.","organization_name":"Total Server Solutions L.L.C.","as_number":"AS46562 Total Server Solutions L.L.C.","netspeed":"Unknown","user_type"
:"residential","accuracy_radius":1000,"country_confidence":"99","postal_confidence":null,"level":"max","cache":1484668431,"continent_name":"North America","ip":"162.216.4
6.81","type":"Residential","query_text":"162.216.46.81","query_type":"mydns","query_date":1484735253}

Notice the "/home/ramtemp/dnsdetection/qx43adjl7pcmbi8z1rkdaqcoy5lufsxmhg26wpn9<hr>" line at the beginning of the JSON, this is the only difference between the before site changes (when it worked fine) and after site changes where it now fails with powershell. That line appended to the beginning, I believe, is causing the failure with the 'Invoke-RestMethod' in powershell and gives the error "Select : Property "query_text" cannot be found."

Can this be fixed?

Thanks for a great site

Is there a way to conceal information about use of OpenVPN?

I ask because TCP/IP OS Fingerprinting shows following...

"TCP/IP OS Fingerprinting

Passive, SYN    Windows 7 or newer | Language: Unknown | Link: OpenVPN UDP bs128 SHA1 lzo | MTU: 1392 | Distance: 6 Hops"

https://airvpn.org/topic/14801-witch?-—-vpn-and-proxy-detector-can-detect-openvpn-cipher-mac-and-compression-usage/?p=30280

Besides SSL/SSH and perhaps a couple of browser plugins.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I think the term "Fingerprinting" is way overused and misapplied and its making people way too paranoid for no good reason. For example, if the fingerprint test comes back and says that you have Windows 7 or Windows 10 as an operating system does that mean you are identifiable? Nope, and the reason is that ,millions of others browsing the internet also use Windows 7 or Windows 10 - so that begs the question, which one of those millions is you? Now apply that simple example to any of the other things the "detection" tests says it detected. Get the point? The point is that because something is detectable does not mean it specifically identifies you, because there are millions of others who use the same things you are using that are detected. Because there are millions of others on the internet with the same site test detection fingerprint as you, you are lost in the crowd and not specifically identifiable and there is no real "threat" to your anonymity.

(Whoopsie...just realized this is probably posted in the wrong place as its off topic for this forum. Sorry 'bout that - admins or mods, feel free to remove this from here if you need to do so.)

(Whoopsie...just realized this is probably posted in the wrong place as its off topic for this forum. Sorry 'bout that - admins or mods, feel free to remove this from here if you need to do so.)

It's absolutely in-topic with this forum.

In fact sometime i'm thinking if ipleak.net need to show some Fingerprinting detection, but at the same-time i don't want to transform it into a bloatware.

In fact sometime i'm thinking if ipleak.net need to show some Fingerprinting detection, but at the same-time i don't want to transform it into a bloatware.

Would you still think it's bloatware if it was just made optional? Much like the torrent test . To me it doesn't seem bloaty at all, if it's collapsed and voluntary. Maybe that's just me.

Would you still think it's bloatware if it was just made optional? Much like the torrent test . To me it doesn't seem bloaty at all, if it's collapsed and voluntary. Maybe that's just me.

Sounds like a solid suggestion to this newbie!

Notice the "/home/ramtemp/dnsdetection/qx43adjl7pcmbi8z1rkdaqcoy5lufsxmhg26wpn9

" line at the beginning of the JSON

Can this be fixed?

Ops, a debug line in production... sorry, fixed.

I mean that this was the API forum, and my post did not discuss anything to do with the API.

Please, Please, Pretty Please - don't add Fingerprinting to the site as I also, like you, think it would result in 'bloatware'. There are plenty of other places already where people can get the 'Fingerprinting' information.

So many other sites are so loaded down with stuff that it makes them a chore and unpleasant to use. ipleak isn't that way, its fast, gives the essentials most used in a trouble free way that makes it easy, hassle free, friendly, and convenient to use.

Notice the "/home/ramtemp/dnsdetection/qx43adjl7pcmbi8z1rkdaqcoy5lufsxmhg26wpn9<hr>" line at the beginning of the JSON

Can this be fixed?

Ops, a debug line in production... sorry, fixed.

Thank You

Something seems to be, or maybe or possibly is, broken with the API. Specifically with the forced IPv6 (https://ipv6.ipleak.net/json). If I use https://ipv6.ipleak.net/json in a browser it comes back with the correct information, however, if I use standard REST methods (e.g. 'Invoke-RestMethod' in powershell) to access the API and query for a specific field, e.g. "IP" or "query_text", or with just https://ipv6.ipleak.net/json/ to get everything, the response comes back empty (Null). It should not do this. If I use REST and query https://ipleak.net/json it comes back with the correct info. If its JSON it should respond to normal REST access methods with the correct info and resorting to HTTP type methods should not be necessary. The rest of the API seems to be working fine when accessed via normal REST methods, its just the forced IPv6 (https://ipv6.ipleak.net/json) that seems to be possibly broken. In addition, sometimes the forced IPv6 (https://ipv6.ipleak.net/json) via browser does not work at all and comes back with a 'server not found' type error in the browser, or it may work once then start coming back with with a 'server not found' type error in the browser with another try several minutes later.

Can you guys check it out please? Thank You

Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

The DNS below shows up on ipleak.net. What is it? Thanks.

2a02:748:b000:17:225:90ff:fe34:9c10
United States - Delaware

United States - Delaware

I'm fairly certain that's your IP address in IPv6 format. If it's not your IP, it's definitely some IP in IPv6 format. Try converting it to IPv4 format to verify if it is in fact your IP. You can find an IPv4 to IPv6 converter on Google.

Hopefully another member can bring some clarification/verification to this issue, although I'm 99% certain this is the answer to your question.

Whenever I go to ipleak.net now, there seems to be a 50% chance that the DNS Address section will show two servers instead of one. The numbers in one will correspond with the IP address, while the other one will be similar to the Delaware one quoted above. If I then refresh the page it might then change back to one server or stay as two servers. This has happened with almost all the servers I have used.

Is there a reason for this behaviour?

Whenever I go to ipleak.net now, there seems to be a 50% chance that the DNS Address section will show two servers instead of one. The numbers in one will correspond with the IP address, while the other one will be

Same thing happens to me. The initial run at ipleak gives the vpn server address, BUT refreshing the site gives two, approx 50% of the time regardless of server I'm on, and then repeated refreshing continues to yield two addresses. I've only noticed the second address as being from Delaware today. I want to say that before it just said 'North America.' I'm also concerned that ipleak can't tell me if I'm using TOR or not...PLEASE HELP, mods!

United States - Delaware

I'm fairly certain that's your IP address in IPv6 format. If it's not your IP, it's definitely some IP in IPv6 format. Try converting it to IPv4 format to verify if it is in fact your IP. You can find an IPv4 to IPv6 converter on Google.

Hopefully another member can bring some clarification/verification to this issue, although I'm 99% certain this is the answer to your question.

May I suggest this interesting site

https://www.ultratools.com/dnsTools