Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.169.48

I'm quite sad, and mildly perturbed.  I can't believe that a thread was deleted from this forum (which is supposed to be about competitors and their features).  An entire 2-3 page thread was deleted because AirVPN took offense at something that wasn't even directed at them.  

There was only one statement in the entire thread that AirVPN could have even remotely taken offense to, and if they did, it's because they mistakenly thought the author was talking about AirVPN, when he clearly was not.  He said this:

I realize a lot of people may use a VPN precisely for geolocation services, but we've never tried to hide the fact that Netflix and other services reliant on a specific geolocation may not work using our VPN. We will never place our servers – or allocate IP addresses – with this as a priority. There's plenty of other services with fake promises of grandeur when it comes to this. We are not one of them.

He was not referring to respectable VPN companies like AirVPN who do things correctly.  He was talking about all those fakers out there who claim to allow Netflix access but do not.  If you didn't like the thread, why didn't you just lock it to prevent future discussion?  I don't understand completely deleting a thread that had 2-3 pages of useful information on one of your competitors and how they run their service. 

Lest anyone think I'm some kind of "fanboy" for that service, I'm really not.  I have three times the subscription length here at AirVPN than I do over there.  I'm purposely not mentioning their name in this thread, as to not draw attention to the company specifically.  I'm just very saddened by the blatant censorship of the discussion, which seems to have occurred because someone got butthurt over a comment that wasn't even directed to them.

If we can't openly discuss competitors and their features, then I think this entire forum should be deleted.  It has no place on the message board if it's going to be censored for any reasons other than shilling and other particular board rules.  get rid of the whole thing.  Don't cherry pick and prevent us from discussing certain aspects of certain competitors.

AirVPN has a history of running this forum like it's their own.  It is, after all.  I've been very angry about the same thing before but I do believe it's within their right to do so.  I just wish they were more transparent about it.

What thread was it?

I'm not challenging their "right" to delete threads. I am just saying that it highly disappoints me as a customer of theirs. After all, I'm here in the first place because of the freedom they give me in browsing the Internet. I just think it's silly to have a forum where we can supposedly discuss competitors, only to have threads deleted the second something is said that they don't like (and misinterpreted at that).

I'm not going to publicly answer your question, as my purpose is not to name the company again. That's the best I can offer so that this thread as well might not be deleted.

It's not the first time and I suppose it will not be the last. I wish this forum to be more free.

Hello,

this is not a forum to advertise competitors or exercise freedom of expression.

The thread you mention is under review for various problems, including advertising. The forum to review competitor can NOT be used by competitors themselves to advertise their companies. To make things worse, the advertiser included a gratuitous insult to AirVPN, here for example:

not even statistical data such as connection time, how much they (the customers) downloaded, or their bandwidth. That is nothing but fluff data which serve no purpose other than trying to persuade more users by instilling a hope of attaining high speeds

Every competitor has the freedom to define "fluff data" an essential method that allows our customers to verify independently our commitment to no overselling, which is a unique, exclusive and noteworthy feature of our service that this competitor does not offer. But not on our forum.

We will also censor, as we have always done, advertisement of competitors in our forums.

The thread is under review, it has not been deleted, an it will be re-published when advertising and insults have been cut out, when we wish and when and if we decide to dedicate time for this purpose.

Kind regards

A problem we also experienced is that when you don't reply to certain claims mixed with advertisement by competitors in your own forum, a remarkable amount of persons will assume that you legitimate such claims, because you haven't done anything in your own "house". The forum dedicated to competitors' reviews remains dedicated to reviews. In the review, a competitor can publish a brief reply to clarify something and of course fix false claims, but can't start a huge promotional thread where here and there obnoxious claims against the very same company that's hosting the thread are inserted.