Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.113.28
YesGem

DNS leaks, how to solve it?

So I've just installed the AirVPN client and got it to work without any troubles, every setting is set on default.

But sadly after running a test on doileak.com (can't connect to doileak.net ??) I see instances of DNS requests originating from my ips.

I use Firefox which according to the test is not suffering from an WebRTC IP Leak.

When checking the ethernet connections like the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 IPV4 settings I do see its working with a preferred DNS server adress.

Changing this to obtaining a DNS server address automatically did not solve the issue.

Neither after a pc restart.

I have no idea how to solve this.

(ps. I confused doileak.com with ipleak.net, so yeah of course I cannot connect to doileak.net    )

Alright, lock enabled and voila no more leaks.

Still I wonder if the lock should be enabled to stop the leaks, shouldn't the client do this without having the lock enabled?

Alright, lock enabled and voila no more leaks. :good:

Still I wonder if the lock should be enabled to stop the leaks, shouldn't the client do this without having the lock enabled?

That's correct, Network Lock is not meant to prevent DNS leaks. However, especially in client 2.10.3, Network Lock can have this good side effect. For example, assume that your system sends a DNS query locally to your router in IPv6. If Eddie 2.10.3 has failed to disable IPv6 completely in your system, that query will go out if Network Lock is not enabled. Network Lock will block it.

DNS leaks prevention and DNS handling in Windows have been greatly enhanced in Eddie 2.11.x beta and when we release the final stable version you might like to upgrade (or you can try it right now if you like testing beta versions).

Kind regards