Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.85.33

tried to visit this site (http://yifysubtitles.com/) , logged in with airvpn (sweden, altarf server), confirmed i have another ip on both airvpn website as another ip location checker,  tried again, and getting same stop page from the belgian government. 

using airvpn_europe_udp-443.ovpn 

Hello!

Did you check ipleak.net ? You need to make sure nothing is leaking. Do enable Network Lock, for a quick fix, if you're using Eddie .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hi LZ1,

After checking, i am indeed leaking DNS requests, according to ipleak.net. 

Im on linux, a debian based system, using command line, as the .deb install didnt work. I didnt bother about it, as command line worked fine. I had this error: (free translated): dependency not fulfillable : libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil

That's because you're not using the Beta client, which supports Mono 4 .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Check

cat /etc/resolv.conf

If you don't want or can't use Eddie, try editing this file, adding or replacing everything with

nameserver 10.4.0.1

or configure an alternative DNS server in the network manager GUI.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

First of all thanks for all the replies, i really appreciate this.

Changing the DNS indeed did the trick. Couldn't change to the airvpn DNS (10.4.0.1 might be down atm ?), but took another instead, which worked well.

Managed to find where to get the beta instead of the last stable version of Eddie. Got the program running after updating my system, but it keeps reconnecting. 

I guess the topic can be closed, as the case is solved. I'll read up tomorrow on the forum to find solutions to get Eddie working. Thanks again sirs!

Couldn't change to the airvpn DNS (10.4.0.1 might be down atm ?), but took another instead, which worked well.

I really like how you try to find solutions yourself. I may as well suggest to post your further issues into this thread since it's yours. The main issue also is not solved yet.

but it keeps reconnecting

If you're interested in solving this, please post the logfile of a failed connection attempt from line 1 into spoilers, How-To is in my signature, or just upload it as a text file.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

HI, sorry for the late update. It's weekend, and I can focus more on solving stuff now. 

- The issues with the Eddie client is resolved by searching the forum and finding the solution here: https://airvpn.org/topic/20939-eddie-openvpn-24-issue-no-connection-could-be-made-because-the-target-machine-actively-refused-it/

* note to staff: i saw "solved in 2.11.10, however it is not the case for me. Using and not using management 127.0.0.1 3100 makes me disconnect over and over again, so downgraded again to 2.11.9 which i still had saved on my HD and the fix works again. Thread is locked, so cant post there.

- So from now i can use the Eddie client, but enabling network lock with Eddie however still makes me leak the DNS.

- Changing resolv.conf does the trick temporarily, it seems to be overwritten again and again and again. (10.4.0.1 now works)

- googled a bit and found something with --block-outside-dns, but adding "block-outside-dns" in the .ovpn files and starting it in command line, didnt work, neither did it work like adding it in command line (sudo openvpn --block-outside-dns '/home/username/airvpn/AirVPN_Europe_UDP-443.ovpn')

Any ideeas ?

EDIT: my last reply hasn't been approved yet, so cant make any edits to it, so i'll quickly do it here:

Eddie network lock seems to work, i might still had my resolv.conf opened while testing the working Eddie version, so Eddie couldnt overwrite it.

cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Automatically generated by Eddie v2.11.9 | https://airvpn.org . Any manual change will be overridden.

nameserver 10.4.0.1