Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.180.245

I'm curious as to how many people encounter the following problem, specifically.  I'm on Windows 10, Eddie 2.10.3, using the TCP port 443 protocol for torrents.

I usually connect to one of the Canadian servers.  Typically the initial connection goes without a hitch and I have reasonable anonymity (100% on whoer.net).  On some of the servers, not all, if I initiate a torrent client and torrent downloads then rather quickly the download speeds drop to nothing, and Eddie goes through an endless cycle of disconnects.  This has happened too many times to be uncorrelated with the onset of the torrent client, as if my ISP knows something torrent-like is going on even if they can't identify specifics.

Once this begins, Eddie will never successfully connect to another server.  I have to kill Eddie manually and uninstall the TAP driver to get a connection again.

It seems likely that my ISP detects traffic patterns and does something to meddle with my connection.  Any other explanations?

Regardless of what my ISP is doing, why is it that Eddie cannot successfully connect to another server, even after I've terminated the torrent client?  Not all of these connectivity problems can be laid at the feet of my ISP.  Something unholy is going on with the AirVPN client.

Jim

Hello!

The Eddie client is fine - besides the bugs we know that exist in 2.10 .

What sounds like the problem, rather, is that you haven't taken the time to configure your torrenting and corresponding torrent client correctly. If you check my signature or go to the how-to forum, there's

guides to torrenting in the new user guide. You don't simply download Eddie, then start a torrent client and that's that .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Pleeeeeese get rid of this windows 10 shit. Why are you using this junk windows Why?????????

Read more about this windows 10 shit before you installed it. THERE IS NO PRIVACY WITH WINDOWS 10

I'm curious as to how many people encounter the following problem, specifically.  I'm on Windows 10, Eddie 2.10.3, using the TCP port 443 protocol for torrents.

I usually connect to one of the Canadian servers.  Typically the initial connection goes without a hitch and I have reasonable anonymity (100% on whoer.net).  On some of the servers, not all, if I initiate a torrent client and torrent downloads then rather quickly the download speeds drop to nothing, and Eddie goes through an endless cycle of disconnects.  This has happened too many times to be uncorrelated with the onset of the torrent client, as if my ISP knows something torrent-like is going on even if they can't identify specifics.

Once this begins, Eddie will never successfully connect to another server.  I have to kill Eddie manually and uninstall the TAP driver to get a connection again.

It seems likely that my ISP detects traffic patterns and does something to meddle with my connection.  Any other explanations?

Regardless of what my ISP is doing, why is it that Eddie cannot successfully connect to another server, even after I've terminated the torrent client?  Not all of these connectivity problems can be laid at the feet of my ISP.  Something unholy is going on with the AirVPN client.

Jim

Yeah, I don't mean any offense by this statement, but if you are getting DCMA notices while using AirVPN, there is only one culprit:  User error.

You could have a misconfigured Torrent client, WebRTC leaks, or a number of other issues going on, but they all amount to you not locking your stuff down correctly.  We'd all be more than happy to help you track down the culprit.

Something simple to test out:  go to ipleak.net and use the torrent feature in the lower left of the page.  See what your IP address is according to that.

Pleeeeeese get rid of this windows 10 shit. Why are you using this junk windows Why?????????

For quite a number of users: Because of DirectX 12.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

The Eddie client is fine - besides the bugs we know that exist in 2.10 .

What sounds like the problem, rather, is that you haven't taken the time to configure your torrenting and corresponding torrent client correctly. If you check my signature or go to the how-to forum, there's

guides to torrenting in the new user guide. You don't simply download Eddie, then start a torrent client and that's that .

No, I have taken the time, certainly more time than anyone took to read my post.  Nowhere did I say that I had been identified by my ISP.  I thought I was clear that I noticed a correlation between the initiation of a torrent client and the endless loop of disconnects, retries to connect to a different server, etc.

Usually the torrenting works just fine and I stay connected for as long as I want.  However, sometimes I'm on a server successfully for, say, an hour, and when I launch the torrent client (deluge) the disconnect cycle begins.  Since most of the time the torrenting works just fine, with very good download rates, this indicates that the problem does not lie with my configuration.  Your explanation and others here does not explain at all the occasional disconnect cycle that happens immediately after starting torrents.

Did you guys just read the thread title or what?

Yeah, I don't mean any offense by this statement, but if you are getting DCMA notices while using AirVPN, there is only one culprit:  User error.

You could have a misconfigured Torrent client, WebRTC leaks, or a number of other issues going on, but they all amount to you not locking your stuff down correctly.  We'd all be more than happy to help you track down the culprit.

Something simple to test out:  go to ipleak.net and use the torrent feature in the lower left of the page.  See what your IP address is according to that.

Yeah, well I don't mean any offense but it seems pretty clear you didn't read my post. Cite where I said that I had received DMCA notices using AirVPN.  Like the other replies, your reply doesn't explain at all why this disconnect cycle only happens sometimes, most often with particular servers, whereas all the other times torrenting works perfectly fine with high dl/ul speeds.

I think i remember having this problem when i first got Air. I'm not sure how i fixed it.., maybe get an older TAP driver and disable driver updates? or instead of using tcp port 443 just check for the client to pick one automatically.

but no, it's not your ISP. I think it's because my downloads were like 3/4/5 and for some reason something couldnt handle it and made Air disconnect.

For quite a number of users: Because of DirectX 12.

DirectX 12 implementation is pretty much nonexistant as of right now, games that do currently support it actually have a chance of less performance to its DirectX 11 counterpart. Until DirectX 12 becomes a system requirement for a variety of games i think it would be safer to stick with Windows 7. That being said Windows is generally less secure than Linux or Mac, but from a gaming perspective Windows 7 makes more sense if you wish to retain a small amount of privacy on a gaming machine. 

Doesn't matter with Windows 10 there is no privacy. I've been trying to remove as much as possible form windows 10 spy shits and there are new backup protocols popping up. I feel like I never installed windows 10 on my own hardware but in some Microsoft hardware somewhere inside their virtual space and you are using it just as remote desktop on your hardware. No control at all for you. It is not user error at all Windows 10 was made to be AS IS today SPYWARE nothing else. There are like over 300 spywares disabled on Windows 10 and only god knows how many backup on backups protocols have each of them. I spoke with friend of mine who is working in (antivirus company) and he confirmed my statement, but all antivirus's programs are passing them because they are hard coded in windows core. He said unless we want to trough our software in the trash we have to bi-pass them also.

it is your choice DirectX 12 or your privacy It can't be both.

to remove the spyware is to remove the function of Windows 10. To remove them all is to low level format your HDD

Just a long shot but I had something very similar to the OP's problem but I was at the time using a different VPN service, UDP and the Transmission torrent client.

It manifested itself only when I started Transmission and the VPN would run for a minute or so, drop out, reconnect and repeat the cycle.

After some trial and error, I narrowed it down to the uTP protocol being the cause. Once uTP was switched off, the problem disappeared. Gotta be worth a try.

Edited: This seems to be a similar situation: https://airvpn.org/topic/14259-severe-drops-in-speed-using-p2p/

Doesn't matter with Windows 10 there is no privacy. I've been trying to remove as much as possible form windows 10 spy shits and there are new backup protocols popping up. I feel like I never installed windows 10 on my own hardware but in some Microsoft hardware somewhere inside their virtual space and you are using it just as remote desktop on your hardware. No control at all for you. It is not user error at all Windows 10 was made to be AS IS today SPYWARE nothing else. There are like over 300 spywares disabled on Windows 10 and only god knows how many backup on backups protocols have each of them. I spoke with friend of mine who is working in (antivirus company) and he confirmed my statement, but all antivirus's programs are passing them because they are hard coded in windows core. He said unless we want to trough our software in the trash we have to bi-pass them also.

it is your choice DirectX 12 or your privacy It can't be both.

to remove the spyware is to remove the function of Windows 10. To remove them all is to low level format your HDD

I cannot tell whether you could tell that i was agreeing with you, but i do.

Windows 10 has no privacy. I am actually quite surprised to read what you were able to turn up in terms of trackers and Microsoft spyware.

That however leaves the question, is any Windows secure or private? It's quite probable that they are all compromised with some sort of Microsoft tracking or spyware tools. 

If you have to use Windows i would suggest Windows 7, if you are gaming or absolutely need Windows applications. Anything else i would suggest either using mainstream linux with security tweaks or something like TAILS or Qubes. 

It's quite probable that they are all compromised with some sort of Microsoft tracking or spyware tools.

The telemetry services were first implemented in Windows Vista. I'm not sure anymore how they were called, I talked about it somewhere on these forums, but basically you could be a Standard, a Premium or not a member at all of some kind of User Network. If you chose to be Premium you would include "potentially sensitive data" into the basic data you transmitted. As far as I know, Vista was the only Windows version you could actively opt out of telemetry.

Windows 10 is like a Lifetime Ultimate subscription with an all-round carefree package tailored to you and regular gifts (like, updates you know close to nothing about; btw, did you ever see Microsoft publish changelogs at all? Or at least feature overviews?)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Some said that windows 10 premium witch is paid edition of windows 10 can turn telemetry off, but you can't. you don't have to worry about telemetry Let say Camera app on windows 10 yes you can remove it, but what you remove is just the app not the system. What is the system camera? Can detect just like old versions of windows the difference is that the system or function you can call it camera can not only detect plugged camera, but all cameras behind your firewall IP cameras microphones etc. and send all information including login passwords MAC addresses ip addresses everything about and where your device is in your private place (behind your firewall. When you enter your password within Microsoft Windows 10 even if you have authentication system like RADIUS they are using certificate replication end you are encrypting everything twice with your certificate and Microsoft Certificate witch they can decrypt  I don't know if I can explain it right, but Microsoft became the ultimate thieves of privacy when lunched their ULTIMATE THIEF OF PRIVACY SYSTEM. They become Hitler's dream.

It's quite probable that they are all compromised with some sort of Microsoft tracking or spyware tools.

The telemetry services were first implemented in Windows Vista. I'm not sure anymore how they were called, I talked about it somewhere on these forums, but basically you could be a Standard, a Premium or not a member at all of some kind of User Network. If you chose to be Premium you would include "potentially sensitive data" into the basic data you transmitted. As far as I know, Vista was the only Windows version you could actively opt out of telemetry.

Windows 10 is like a Lifetime Ultimate subscription with an all-round carefree package tailored to you and regular gifts (like, updates you know close to nothing about; btw, did you ever see Microsoft publish changelogs at all? Or at least feature overviews?)

Windows  is the pólice state helper....it is good only for old ladys and teenagers with no life