Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.58.169

Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I tried to use AirVPN on my FireTV Stick with the newest OpenVPN App. Everything works fine, it gets connected to the desired proxy and then the internet is gone. No more internet connection possible. Its there again when I disconnect from the proxy.

So how to proceed now to keep the wlan from my router and use the proxy plz?

Thank you in advance
Godmax

Please before the 3 days account expired it has to work on the FireTV Stick. So it wasnt working on PC until I picked the SSL 443 protocol in Eddie. The FireTV Stick connects and then after maybe 20 seconds the whole internet connection is gone. Gotta kill the VPN then. What can cause that? Any DNS changes I have to make? Any suggestions?

No one using Fire TV with AirVPN?

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

I don't think the FireTV Stick is supported honestly - as very very few people use it I think. You can try to share the Eddie logs with us though.

I'm not sure if you need to forward ports or something or whether installing stuff like Kodi makes it easier or not, haha.

Note that it currently costs less than 1 euro to get 3 more days haha.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thx for your response. Yeah well I could do the 3 days stuff till its sorted but that should still happen soon

Kodi is installed. AirVPN suports android with its openvpn app doesnt it? Thats whats running on the FireTV nothing special or fancy. So why could it disconnect from the VPN and the wlan router after about 20 secs? I will however try it on my android tablet soon and report back. If its also not working then its gotta be fixable in general.

AirVPN doesn't have an app - it only has configuration files that you can insert into various OpenVPN apps . I don't think it's planned either. But yes of course you can get AirVPN to work on many platforms, including Android . There's threads in the How-To section about the various apps. Unless we get some logs of some kind, I think it'll just be speculation about why it didn't work.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Well it seems to work on an android tablet Samsung Galaxy tab S2 with the OpenVPN app. On the FireTV Stick it still doesnt work. What kind of log files are there? The only log/report I can see is the short one that ends with "succesfully connected" or sth. like that ^^. And nothing changes in the log after the disconnect....

Maybe one of the protocols one of the ports with UDP or TCP works on the FireTV Stick...the question would be does anyone here ever used AirVPN on a FireTV/Stick?

By the way, just to be clear: Have you tried setting up Eddie on your main PC and then sharing the connection, so that the FireTV stick can connect to it?

Questions regarding the FireTV Stick certainly aren't common .

No I cant connect to my pc. Too far away and no wlan sending capabilities.

I think the FireTV stick is too weak. It should work on the FireTV but not the stick apparently as many reported elsewhere. The only other option besides buying the FireTV would be an openVPN router.

Any repeater/openVPN routers AirVPN recommends that can be set up quite easily?

And happy new year of course:)

Hi,

I can confirm it works on the Fire Tv as I have it installed and up and running with no problem, as mention above I would imagine the Fire Tv Stick isn't man enough to do the job.

Thanks

Alright thanks, thats good to know. Well damn might buy a FireTV then. The router option is also good but takes more effort ^^.

Even the FireTV Stick with firmware 5.2.2.0 should be able to do it ofc I got the older model. A shame.

Alright thanks, thats good to know. Well damn might buy a FireTV then. The router option is also good but takes more effort ^^.

Even the FireTV Stick with firmware 5.2.2.0 should be able to do it ofc I got the older model. A shame.

router doesn't take any effort depending on what you buy.  some have stock firmware with an openvpn client.  then all you have to do is load up your config file.

router doesn't take any effort depending on what you buy.  some have stock firmware with an openvpn client.  then all you have to do is load up your config file.

Well and which one would that be plz? Difficult to find good direct OpenVPN routers. And the router would also have to work as a repeater otherwise it wont help me.

400 eggs? No thanks ^^. It has to be cheaper or the same as the FireTV. And as I said it has to be a repeater router plus easy openVPN controls. Dont think there is a good router for that. In that pricerange ofc.

a router can't run in repeater mode and do openvpn.  it has to be in router mode.  it would still work in router mode for the devices behind it but the double NAT complicates other things.

check out an Asus AC68 for a good option that has a stock openvpn client.

Well unfortunately the Asus costs well over 100 thats not good enough. And if it cant work as a repeater and use OpenVPN at the same time then its not good anyway.

Gotta get a FireTV then.