Not connected, Your IP: 3.230.1.23

Hi!

I am trying to forward a port on ddns. I have finally gotten airVPN working and my goal is to forward a port on a ddns. However, i went to forwarded ports and left the fields blank for both local and public ports, which lead to a random port. You can see the information in the following image:

ATTACHMENT

When i do the TCP test, it says "Not reachable on server ip over the external port 13096 tcp protocol error 111 connection refused"

I have also made a python script which is checking ports and I have set it to check if connection can be established to "osconnection.airdns.prg:13096"  and "http://osconnection.airdns.prg:13096"
but it says there is no connection at all.

Does anyone know how I could fix this? I have had some trouble with AirVPN lately.... :/

Thanks!

Cheers,

Me

Hello!

What are you actually trying to do? Did you make whatever application or service also listen on that random port?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

If you opened the port 1234 with DynDNS name "dyndns", access it via dyndns.airdns.org without the port.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

If you opened the port 1234 with DynDNS name "dyndns",

DynDns is a registered trademark of Dyn Inc.

AirVPN and its  DDNS have nothing to do with DynDNS and/or Dyn Inc., and we never suggest anywhere any confusion between Air DDNS or any other DDNS and the DynDNS DDNS.

access it via dyndns.airdns.org without the port. :)

Names are resolved into an IP address, Ports do not have any room in any DNS record, so you need to specify the port. Always. You might be used to not doing that for web site names only because if you don't, every browser will automatically append ":80" for HTTP and ":443" for HTTPS.

Kind regards

When i do the TCP test, it says "Not reachable on server ip over the external port 13096 tcp protocol error 111 connection refused"

Error 111 means that the connection is actively refused. Packets are dropped by some firewall.

Kind regards

DynDns is a registered trademark of Dyn Inc.

AirVPN and its  DDNS have nothing to do with DynDNS and/or Dyn Inc., and never suggest anywhere any confusion between Air DDNS or any other DDNS and the DynDNS DDNS.

Fine. Thanks for stopping by and saving the day, as usual. I already felt my life essence draining because this word was so wrong.

Names are resolved into an IP address, Ports do not have any room in any DNS record, so you need to specify the port. Always. You might be used to not doing that for web site names only because if you don't, every browser will automatically append ":80" for HTTP and ":443" for HTTPS.

No, I thought you have the list of forwarded ports stored in a database and browsing to a DDNS name would forward my request to the appropriate port. Otherwise I don't understand why you can set different DDNS names for different ports if the whole concept only works globally. Oh well.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No, I thought you have the list of forwarded ports stored in a database and browsing to a DDNS name would forward my request to the appropriate port. Otherwise I don't understand why you can set different DDNS names for different ports if the whole concept only works globally. Oh well.

Hi,

impossible, that's not how DNS works (luckily, because what you describe would be crazy: imagine if each fully qualified name ought to be associated to a single port in a DNS record! :D ).

As explained in panel, entering a name for each port is just a graphical expedient to make everything more comfortable and handy.

Kind regards

Fine. Thanks for stopping by and saving the day, as usual. I already felt my life essence draining because this word was so wrong. ;):)

Your sarcasm is understandable because we missed a "we" in the original sentence. Edited and fixed. Now the issue should be clear to you too (while you can write, in good faith, as many times as you wish things that imply that we infringe trademarks, we stay on the safe side and re-affirm that we don't and what you write is false).

Kind regards