Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249
TechnoSnooze

Port forward & Vuze: Yellow Faces

I've set up a port to be forwarded and configured it in Vuze. Vuze says it works, AirVpn says it works, but all faces on uploads are yellow when I would expect green with everything working. Have I missed something?

Hello!

We don't even know which platform you're on ^^. There's a couple of settings which are beneficial to change, not least checking that your firewall and/or other security software isn't blocking it. If you want, I've listed some torrenting guides in my new user guide.

Welcome to AirVPN .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Windows XP in a VM, using the AirVPN client. Firewall is disabled, UPnP disabled in Vuze. I don't see any other suggestions in the guide.

Thanks.

Which networking mode is the VM set to use?

Might've been easier with something less ancient than XP, such as a Linux distro.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I suppose I could change to Linux for this. Which distro would you suggest? I've not used linux before.

If you're a complete beginner, then Ubuntu or Linux Mint would be the standard answers, as they help you a lot and there's a boatload of questions answered online already. But do check distrowatch.com and you can find distros which emulate the OS you're most familiar with .

That was an afternoon I won't get back. Numerous attempts at building a Unix Vm failed, with results from hangs to panics. My favourite was Mint, which installed OK but then decided to mount the file system as read only. Apparently when this happens, the reason can't be logged because the file system is read only. 

I've built a Windows 10 VM and this is working fine.