Not connected, Your IP: 54.160.133.33

Hi! I'm using Eddie (in CLI mode) on Linux. I get about 50 Mb/s by 6 Mb/s normally, and the best speed I can get (on Metallah, the geographically closest to me) is 35 Mb/s by 5 Mb/s. I'm using the default settings except for DNS check being disabled. Is this an expected slowdown using this service? I have used another service in the past and normally got speeds close to my non-VPN speeds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

Geographical proximity doesn't always mean better speeds - instead, one can benefit from looking for those which have the least "hops" from ones ISP .

If you're torrenting, make sure to port-forward.

Welcome to AirVPN by the way.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I chose Metallah because it actually was giving me the best speeds out of the hand full I tried. Is there any quick way to see which will result in the smallest amount of hops without having to try them all? That seems like a unreasonably lengthy process. Thank you! 

I'm not sure about the speeds I'm obtaining either. This is the speed (using speedtest.net) I obtain from my ISP:

0u01Yrf.png

while this is the speed I obtained via the Alrami server (Sweden), to which I was connected automatically via the AirVPN_Europe_UDP-443.ovpn:

PlAp3kZ.png

How is this difference in speed considered by AirVPN?

Slow speeds too, I have been using AirVpn for nearly two years. whether I connect via Holland or Sweden I get at most 3 Megabits per second. Disconnect and I get 71 Megabits per second.

What is happening beats me, nothing has changed. AirVpn seems to be hit and miss these days.

Slow speeds too, I have been using AirVpn for nearly two years. whether I connect via Holland or Sweden I get at most 3 Megabits per second. Disconnect and I get 71 Megabits per second.

What is happening beats me, nothing has changed. AirVpn seems to be hit and miss these days.

Well if you provide no information, you also cannot expect the community to help .

You can always submit a support ticket as well.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Well if you provide no information, you also cannot expect the community to help .

I've provided information

I've provided information

Odd I didn't see your first post.

Speed is okay to show us. But actual information the community can use, such as OS, Eddie logs, system logs, any potential 3rd party software that might interrupt, things already tried and so on are quite necessary. Anything to help us out, because while the symptoms might be the same ("My connection is slow") as many others, the causes can be wildly different . Thus as per your link, any given problem can look like it occurs a lot, but as you can see on the Status page, plenty of people are chugging away just fine as well. Not to mention not everybody posts on the forums, but either find a solution themselves or ask support discretely. So no worries. A lot of people also don't search the forum before posting and so if you stick around, you'll see a lot of the same issues coming up again and again, despite stickied threads, Staff posts and community help - "Checking route" related threads are one such example . All that said, AirVPN isn't the VPN for everyone and doesn't have to be either .

In your case, since your connection is so good, have you tried increasing the send & receive buffers, to 256kb or maybe even 512kb? What about trying different servers and different protocols? Sometimes UDP doesn't work the best. Other times it does, but on a different port. Then there's still other fixes, such as mssfix. While for Windows users, perhaps it's a TAP related problem and that's without specifically mentioning Windows 10 lol. So it's quite important people provide specifics . Sometimes a simple command may fix a problem - in this case of Windows. By the way, since I remember you use Ubuntu, maybe you'd be interested in this thread about DNS. Hey if you're a Virgin Media user you might have an entirely different set of issues!

In that long piece, somewhere, there's a point I'm trying to make about always providing lots of information - ideally in spoiler tags, if it's very long.

I want to provide a screenshot, how do I upload the image on the forums?

You can use a service to host it, such as imgur. Or you can click "More Reply Options" next to the post button. Then in the bottom left, Browse for the file and then click attach files and Add to Post . After that, all files you've ever uploaded, will be available under "My Media">Attachments, in the reply window. Note that logs are often more worth than pictures.

I want to provide a screenshot, how do I upload the image on the forums?

You can use a service to host it, such as imgur. Or you can click "More Reply Options" next to the post button. Then in the bottom left, Browse for the file and then click attach files and Add to Post . After that, all files you've ever uploaded, will be available under "My Media">Attachments, in the reply window. Note that logs are often more worth than pictures.

attachicon.gifMyMedia.png

attachicon.gifAttachingfiles.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2016-12-29 20-43-14.png

Thank you, I will post later or tomorrow.

Odd I didn't see your first post.

No problem. Thanks again for your time @LZ1, there are a couple of techniques there of which I was unaware. You should make that message a sticky one