Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.221.204

im getting slow speeds help

HI im new and sing 3 day trail  and see to be getting slow speeds.How i can tell which is a fast server i did a few speed tests and i tried 5 and none of the was hitting speed over NO OFFENCE to anyone here.Also what does this mean see below sample

nl.png
Netherlands
Alblasserdam
324 / 1000 Mbit/s
users.png50

Does this mean if there is alot of people on this server the speeds might be slow or faster ? any tips or advice for a newbie and a bit of dumb ass ME LAUGH Thank you.

P.S when it comes to the tech side im not very good at following guides etc do forgive me my English etc i have Autism sorry.

AND HAPPY X-MASS TO ALL AIRVPN STAFF AND USER OF THIS SERVICE

i have been jusing PIA but in last week speeds have not been great i all ways come here to look at reviews.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

Do you know your ISP speeds?

The servers are just fine at handling the load, no worries. There's plenty tips of all sorts in my new users guide . My guide should be pretty simple to read a little in, so don't worry.

Also, is it slow speeds when just browsing, or is it during downloads/torrenting or just speed tests? Do note that just because servers are close to you, it doesn't guarantee they're the best, so try many others too .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

hi ill try read the guide and see how i get on i like it some times where some people can do remote access help but alot of vpns dont offer any more whiich is good and bad.I do download a lot every day or 1 or 2 days tv shows.I cant see what the fuss is all about all im doing is downloading once 1080p file watch then bin and DMCA go mad also i like the US versions as normally uncut unkike the stupid UK censors i dont trust them lol Thank you.

p.s i pick amsterdam as alot people say as it closer it will be better as closer to me as im in UK.

I cant see what the fuss is all about all im doing is downloading once 1080p file watch then bin and DMCA go mad

Movies are made to be watched, it's only fitting to let people pay for watching it since that's what a movie is there for. Otherwise, no one gets compensated for their work.

But I agree, watching a movie comes with either high prices or a substantial removal of the watcher's freedom, so we download until someone comes up with a creative way of letting everyone watch a movie without bleeding to death, so to say.

May I ask if you're on Virgin Media and using a Superhub?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I cant see what the fuss is all about all im doing is downloading once 1080p file watch then bin and DMCA go mad

Movies are made to be watched, it's only fitting to let people pay for watching it since that's what a movie is there for. Otherwise, no one gets compensated for their work. :)

?

Yes, and the most important part of people supporting them are so-called "pirates". It has been repeatedly shown in the last 12 years that so-called "pirates" are the best customers for content (especially videogames, movies and music) and that the infringements of copyright (only those for non-commercial purposes) are an essential pillar to sustain even the obsolete business model based on copyright.

Just some random studies that prove the above in the last 12 years:

http://copy-me.org/2015/10/ep-4-pirates-anti-piracy-artists/

http://www.webpronews.com/new-research-once-again-confirms-that-pirates-are-the-best-customers-2013-01/

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/07/20/2119232/suppressed-report-shows-pirates-are-good-customers

etc. etc. etc. (you should be able to find about 15 different, independent studies which, with different analysis methods and different gathered data, all show a causal correlation between the act of "pirating" content and being better customers).

It has also been shown in the past that "pirates" spend up to 10 more times to access content than "non-pirates" customers.

Only one study (commissioned by BASCAP/TERA, so already suspected of being biased) tries to show a causal correlation between piracy and contraction of work places available in the content industry, but that study has been proved as containing two important scientific mistakes which make the study irrelevant:

Piracy and Jobs in Europe: Why the BASCAP/TERA Approach is Wrong. Social Science Research Council,

Nice executive summary:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100317/1617328605.shtml

Kind regards

This is why AirVPN is the best VPN - how many other VPNs have their Staff accounts saying things similar to what Staff just said?!

Thanks for the links Staff

Hahaha.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I'm always trying to spot a legal option first. There are services which made it superfluous for me to download certain kinds of content: Spotify for music and Steam for games. They work very well and prove that it's possible to divert people from downloading. Maybe it's just me, though.

Right now there's nothing making movies equally enjoyable for me, so I download them.

I can confirm Staff's words to a limited degree since you need the right kind of people to actually fall into this category. There will always be the stubborn types who download because they don't need to pay for anything.

I'm always trying to spot a legal option first. There are services which made it superfluous for me to download certain kinds of content: Spotify for music and Steam for games. They work very well and prove that it's possible to divert people from downloading. Maybe it's just me, though.

Right now there's nothing making movies equally enjoyable for me, so I download them. :)

Copyright infringements as a market failure to meet demand is a strong point supported about 10-12 years ago by Oopen Rights Group, EFF and others to a certain degree. Here comes the clash between the need of control and the revenues, because higher control on how and when and on which devices customers can "consume" a content causes lower revenues on the short term, but copyright industry (until some years ago: things are evolving) reputed that on the long term stricter control was to be preferred, as lack of control could bring to other problems (more independent creators/artists, new distribution methods, rise of new licensing methods "copyleft" etc., and rise of startup companies able to become highly competitive even with sector giants in a short time thanks to the level playing field provided by a neutral Internet).

In short, losing control was (and is still to some degree) seen as long term loss of revenue due to stronger and more diversified market competition.

I can confirm Staff's words to a limited degree since you need the right kind of people to actually fall into this category. There will always be the stubborn types who download because they don't need to pay for anything. :)

It's not a matter of confirming our words or not, it's a matter on how to investigate so called "reality". If we agree that a scientific approach is the only acceptable way to investigate reality and build predictive models, the above quoted sentences have been falsified exactly by the studies we mentioned:  a paramount purpose of statistical inference is providing/deducing one or more properties which are true when you consider the whole population (data set) and you can't falsify it with any empirical, single example (any deviation is already included in the data set from which properties derive, in a quantitative, and not qualitative, way), so the sentence is "false" (in the sense that it's an unsupported assertion/dogma falsified by currently available data).

Of course, when the "population" is made of persons, behaviors, social manners, ways of living can evolve quickly, so it's important to periodically repeat studies and gather fresh data, and of course things can change in the future: it can't be ruled out that one day pirates will be worse content customers than non-pirates, but this is, to the best of our scientific knowledge, FALSE now and here ("here" = European Union and United States, where most of the studies have focused).

Kind regards

Well, except all those old Windows o.s. versions out there, always cracked

HI @

giganerd

how did u know Laugh yes i am  with---VIRGIN MEDIA  May I ask if you're on Virgin Media and using a Superhub?

I have fiber wire or what ever they call it my speed with Virgin Media was 100 now its 150 they upgraded me free as i complained about them putting up there prices just before x-mass 2016.

HI @

giganerd

how did u know Laugh yes i am  with---VIRGIN MEDIA  May I ask if you're on Virgin Media and using a Superhub?

I have fiber wire or what ever they call it my speed with Virgin Media was 100 now its 150 they upgraded me free as i complained about them putting up there prices just before x-mass 2016.

Because that's what most British people use I think . He's German.

Hi Sniperninja, I am also with VM. Check out my post to get an idea speeds I get connected with AirVPN. More importantly have you experienced constant disconnections with AirVPN?

Hi No my Connection on AirVPN does not disconnections at all.When i used trial a few months ago the speeds was very fast hitting like 70 spot on speedtest.Its lke some other man said on forums most the severs seem to be slow dont know why.I need little info on this bit SAMPLE BELOW.

324 / 1000 Mbit/s
users.png50

i know the this means there are 50 people on server what id like to know does this mean if there is alot people on this one will it be say a little slower ? or will it be faster ? and if i pick RE: Another server where it has lot people does that give me a faster speed ? its not my own ISP ViRGIN Media when i connect to AIRVPN server right ?

Forgive me for being a total newbie and Nob and bad English and spelling but i do have Autisum does not mean im mad or crazy (LAUGH)

Hi No my Connection on AirVPN does not disconnections at all.When i used trial a few months ago the speeds was very fast hitting like 70 spot on speedtest.Its lke some other man said on forums most the severs seem to be slow dont know why.I need little info on this bit SAMPLE BELOW.

Talitha

nl.png

324 / 1000 Mbit/s

users.png50

i know the this means there are 50 people on server what id like to know does this mean if there is alot people on this one will it be say a little slower ? or will it be faster ? and if i pick RE: Another server where it has lot people does that give me a faster speed ? its not my own ISP ViRGIN Media when i connect to AIRVPN server right ?

Forgive me for being a total newbie and Nob and bad English and spelling but i do have Autisum does not mean im mad or crazy (LAUGH)

It would help us if you provide more details. What kinda speeds do you get now with AirVPN? Are you using the Superhub 3.0? 

Copy and paste the log here so we can have a better look.

I have the lastest HUB 3.0 as my old one one died few months ago.When i dont use  VPN i hit top speeds every time with my own isp Virgin Media but im not gone download that way incase i get a fine or letter to risky.

I suppose I might as well also post it here. Regarding Virgin Media. A bad or wrongly configured router or ISP can make a world of difference .

here is a screen shot of my own ISP speed

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newpicture/

that Virgin Media guide no way i will be doing it as im crap at that tec stuff and ill only messit all up and get confused sorry

P.S i dont think i will be buying a year as i know if try that follow that guide i will only mess it up and do it wrong im rubbish at the tec stuff when comes to settings  etc.

thank you for all u help i might have to stay with PIA as i dont seem to be have speed issue's  some times it bit slow depends what server and ISP number is.Thank you for u kind help and replys to all

I spoke to Virgin media to day after speed test they never told me about i was not hitting over 100 speed which i normally get they told me now i have to do something with my adpter settings which they told me that before.They said would not tell me as they dont want speed is as cant see shite ? i dont think this part has anything do with slow speeds and now im getting all confused sorry.

HI @

giganerd

how did u know

We've had many issues and therefore threads about Virgin Media/Superhub. Try a search if you decide to try AirVPN again.

Because that's what most British people use I think . He's German.

Because of the reason above. And, I'm Russian.

Well i found some more stuff Virgin media told me as im using my xbox alot i will get speed drops as i am using laptop at the same time so i did wha they said with out a VPN and if i unplug the xbox and use the my own connection i get 100 MBPS with wired connection with wi-fi i am hitting 150 MBPS.Also i have not tried it yet with AIRVPN and the xbox turned of to see how my seeds will look etc.Also if i was to AIRVPN and my xbox and get slow speeds say on wi-fi or wired connection would this little device help ? http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/wireless-adapters/netgear-a6210-100pes-usb-wireless-adapter-ac1200-dual-band-10108656-pdt.html

will this help with airvpn if i do get slow speeds ? Thank you.