Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.139.149

Hello,

Just got an Amazon Prime Membership in Canada.  Tried to watch the Grand Tour and got met with:

Service Area Restriction
This video isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. For more details, please refer to Amazon Video Terms of Use. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.primevideo.com/help and refer to error 4601.

Upon reading more:

Internet Connection

Note: Prime Video streaming is not supported through Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy connections. To watch Prime Video, you'll need to disable these services for your device or try switching to another available connection.

How do they know I am using a VPN?  I am running everything through TAP.  Do I really have to create another connection to watch video?

Or am I restricted by Geography?  (well why offer me the TV on my Canadian account?)

Suggestion, thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Hello,

Just got an Amazon Prime Membership in Canada.  Tried to watch the Grand Tour and got met with:

Service Area Restriction
This video isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. For more details, please refer to Amazon Video Terms of Use. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.primevideo.com/help and refer to error 4601.

Upon reading more:

Internet Connection

Note: Prime Video streaming is not supported through Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy connections. To watch Prime Video, you'll need to disable these services for your device or try switching to another available connection.

How do they know I am using a VPN?  I am running everything through TAP.  Do I really have to create another connection to watch video?

Or am I restricted by Geography?  (well why offer me the TV on my Canadian account?)

Suggestion, thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

It would seem that Amazon Prime is now in bed with Netflix and their Anti-VPN practices. 

Your only choice is to turn off your VPN or just don't watch it

Hello,

Service Area Restriction

Upon reading more:

Internet Connection

Suggestion, thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

It would seem that Amazon Prime is now in bed with Netflix and their Anti-VPN practices. 

But how do they know?  Are the servers marked or something?

Do I have to create another connection on my PC to run without AV?

Thanks for your response!

Hello,

Service Area Restriction

Upon reading more:

Internet Connection

Suggestion, thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

It is quite easy for such providers to determine whether or not they are proxy or VPN servers as many of their IP addresses are publicly accessible, hence why Tor exits are subject to blocks and captcha's. They also do this based on whether or not the IP is business or residential.

Sadly, the only solution is to disconnect the VPN entirely and reconnect when you are done watching the show. 

It's easy to know you're using a VPN by your IP address if they've done their homework and logged all exit IP addresses of known VPN providers.

maybe Amazon are in the midst of blocking VPN providers but the last time I tried Amazon video over VPN it worked.  That was a few weeks ago.

yeah it works fine without AV.

now...how do I make a new connection again........I just run everything though AV now....

Netflix and Amazon are well known VPN-hating companies. If they dump you because you use VPN-privacy - you should certainly dump them! There are lots of alternative ways to enjoy movies and series.

Funny thing about Amazon. They damn sure don't have a problem with me going through a VPN when I go to their website and place an order.

On an interesting aside, I subscribe to MLB Network Premium during baseball season and when I want to watch a game through my desktop or one of my devices, I have never had a problem going through an Air server, even if it's one outside of the U.S.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

So if I just disable my network lock or just not start up AirVPN, will that work?

Right now, i can't get a connection unless I have AirVPN - is that because of the TAP9 connection?

Personally, I like all my traffic going through AV - just in case. 

So I was thinking disable TAP9, and that should do it.  Renable it to force all my traffic through AV?

Thanks,

Mr. V

It's easy to know you're using a VPN by your IP address if they've done their homework and logged all exit IP addresses of known VPN providers.

It's easier even: If your IP belongs to a hosting provider there's close to no way the line behind it is a residential one.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You just need to reset your DNS settings on your primary adapter.

Hey - thanks!

Ugh, I have to do this every time I want off AirVPN?

I have two Ethernet adapters - one the is the standard with Windows and my hardware TCP/IP installed.  The second is the TAP9 Ethernet adapter

Right now I have TCP stack to obtain an IP address automatically.  But also have 'use the following DNS address' set to a specific IP.  It's a 10.x.x.x address and I don't know where it came from.  Same on the TAP9

Oddly when I go to Amazon to view a trailer - it works.  The show - nada.

Btw, I did Novell Networking 3.1 many moons ago. Now I am all on the application and vendor relations side (trained monkey).  And now, am an idiot when it comes to networking - so your input is GREATLY appreciated! 

Always open to suggestions!

Mr.V

You just need to reset your DNS settings on your primary adapter.

Hey - thanks!

Ugh, I have to do this every time I want off AirVPN?

There is a bug in Eddie 2.10.3 for which DNS settings are not restored properly, not even if Eddie is shut down properly.

A condition to reproduce this bug is having one or both DNS servers omitted in the network interface. Therefore, if you set the interface DNS to "automatic DNS", you will just satisfy an essential condition for the bug to come out. You have two choices to get definitively rid of the issue:

1) set BOTH DNS to publicly accessible DNS servers in your network interface while Eddie is not running (do NOT set to "Automatic")

2) upgrade Eddie to version 2.11.x beta, where this bug has been fixed

AND of course always shut Eddie down properly (never kill it without grace), to give it time to restore the settings.

To download Eddie latest beta version please see here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/18625-eddie-211beta-available/

Kind regards

Yeah, so what Staff is saying is:  If you set your DNS servers to something like OpenNIC/OpenDNS servers or something of that nature, then connect with 2.10 Eddie, when you disconnect, it will reset the servers to the OpenDNS servers.  But if you leave them blank, Eddie will overwrite the values and then fail to reset them to "nothing", leaving the AirVPN values in place (which has the side effect of it feeling like it broke the internet).

If you either (1) pre-set DNS values before starting up 2.10, or (2) upgrade to experimental Eddie 2.11, you will not longer have this issue.

Yesterday no problem using AV and Amazon Prime Video.  Today I tried about 20 different AV servers after trying the route tool - all blocked me.

I noticed though when I use a US server - the play option disappears.  When I use a non US one, the play button appears, then I get the error when the video is about to play.

Of course the US version also has more shows...

Still not clear how to bypass AV to watch PrimeVideo.  I see two network adapters - one is my actual network card and other is the TAP9, both have a tab,  TCP/IP the general table it chooses dns dynamically.and points to 10.4.0.1 - which is vpn?

The alternative dns server is blank - can I put an openDNS like Googles in there and somehow select that?

Help dumb it down - on a single computer - be able to choose AV or a non AV connection?

Thanks,

Mr. V

They damn sure don't have a problem with me going through a VPN when I go to their website and place an order.

I think this is THE point. I just now signed up for Amazon Prime thru my AirVPN connection and was promptly blocked minutes later when I tried to use the streaming service thru that very same connection. 

Funny thing about Amazon. They damn sure don't have a problem with me going through a VPN when I go to their website and place an order.

On an interesting aside, I subscribe to MLB Network Premium during baseball season and when I want to watch a game through my desktop or one of my devices, I have never had a problem going through an Air server, even if it's one outside of the U.S.

I'm actually trying to watch a game on MLB Network Premium and it's like the only thing that won't load via Airvpn (just freezes). Is it a speed thing? Also, when trying to access the iOS app, it sees through the VPN and knows where my location is - is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks!

Hello,

Service Area Restriction

Upon reading more:

Internet Connection

Suggestion, thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

It is quite easy for such providers to determine whether or not they are proxy or VPN servers as many of their IP addresses are publicly accessible, hence why Tor exits are subject to blocks and captcha's. They also do this based on whether or not the IP is business or residential.

Sadly, the only solution is to disconnect the VPN entirely and reconnect when you are done watching the show. 

Why don't you try changing the VPN protocol to ssl tunnel on Eddie software. I am not sure if this is going to work but why don't you try. Just suggestion

Thank you