Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.251.99
veep2

Help with new questions. Android Disconnecting, eddie for android. router setup

Hi AirVPN, using a trial and have a few questions.

​ On Android. 6.0 phone

1. Is there an android app planned?

Only real drawback to AirVPN as its without the network lock feature. (and get more customers with an android app!)

2. OpenVPN is often disconnecting, sometimes  waits to reconnect and will also just disconnect. (unlimited retrys is on) Should persistent tun be ticked or not?

i carry on browsing not knowing the key lock has gone.

3. Time difference between location and device is noticed in some tests, can it be stopped?

​    And how secure is using a VPN with google play services (cant disable)?

​Router

4. is it possible to set up the router to connect to a choice of the real ip or an AirVPN set ip from the wireless connection setting menu?

​Thanks for reading

OpenVPN is often disconnecting, sometimes  waits to reconnect and will also just disconnect. (unlimited retrys is on) Should persistent tun be ticked or not?

To troubleshoot this, we'd need logs. persist-tun doesn't need to be ticked but it's recommended.

And how secure is using a VPN with google play services (cant disable)?

What do you mean by "secure"?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

1 - No. Not to my knowledge.

2 - Persistent tun or seamless tunnel as it's also called, is good to have on. Take note there's a couple of different VPN apps, so it depends which one you use.

3 - It's fine for your security. But if you mean privacy, then it's important to not mix identities, if you don't want to ruin the privacy a VPN may add. So if you're using gmail without a VPN, and then refresh the page and start using the VPN, google can see which IP addresses you went between.

4 - it's possible to route certain things outside the tunnel. On a desktop you could also use a VM for this.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Also to giganerd.

Hello and thanks.

why is persistant recommended? what's the tech behind it?

​Secure.

​I use no google apps theyre disabled but play services can't be.

​ by secure i mean is this a leak of phone data or infomation to google and a threat to privacy even when using OpenVPN for Android.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

1 - No. Not to my knowledge.

2 - Persistent tun or seamless tunnel as it's also called, is good to have on. Take note there's a couple of different VPN apps, so it depends which one you use.

3 - It's fine for your security. But if you mean privacy, then it's important to not mix identities, if you don't want to ruin the privacy a VPN may add. So if you're using gmail without a VPN, and then refresh the page and start using the VPN, google can see which IP addresses you went between.

4 - it's possible to route certain things outside the tunnel. On a desktop you could also use a VM for this.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Hi and thanks

2.I use f-droid OpenVPN for android as recommended in setup on AirVPN.

3.In terms of privacy i don't use google.

if i browse in firefox logged into a website and OpenVPN disconnects without me noticing and i continue am i ok interms of privacy, is it just the ISP that can see? (new to this)

can you recommend a APK app that is nearly as good as Air for vpn?

Or provide a link to a secure setup for OpenVPN for Android using air including settings please.

i ticked iv4, iv6 and Persistent tun ticked.

Is android even with a VPN inherently not private ?

lots of qestions there.

Router

4. sounds difficult, would need other people to be able to easily connect real or vpn app. Come back to this.

thanks

why is persistant recommended? what's the tech behind it?

When tun is no more present, on Android your internet connection will be routed through conventional interfaces, like wlan0, thus revealing the IP of your WLAN access point to any website you attempt to connect. persist-tun causes OpenVPN to keep the virtual tun interface engaged when OpenVPN suddenly loses connection and attempts to reconnect. Ergo, it's less likely you send requests with your real IP.

Only real drawback to AirVPN as its without the network lock feature

I don't even know if something like this is possible on Android without root. I know that certain adblockers set up a local webserver and a system-wide proxy pointing to this server. The server filters the requests. I may be overlooking some API, though.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.