Not connected, Your IP: 52.91.0.68

It's a hugely prominent buzz phrase on "the intertubes" these days. No doubt about it, there's plenty out there. If you thought there was a proliferation of it during the recent political season in the U.S, then we're seeing the beginning of a virtual tidal wave. In fact, it would be more accurate to call fake news just shameless propaganda. Amerikan newspapers are now the equivalent of ultra low grade toilet paper. Television "news" entities puke out government/corporate friendly disinformation 24/7/365 on a level to make Soviet-era television propagandists envious. They are like vampires. They never sleep. They won't stop.

https://www.rt.com/usa/368214-greenwald-washington-post-russia/

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

Hello!

What's old is new again. Check out Noam Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent" for instance.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Exactly, LZ1. So imagine my surprise when I read yesterday that Chomsky is bashing those who voted 3rd party instead of Clinton.

My attitude is the same as Chris Hedges-- There is no real difference between the two.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

I doubt he was bashing them. It's just that if you vote 3rd party, that's a way of splitting the vote and thus it's halfway towards a vote for Trump, as it weakens Clintons positions. Clinton, horrible as she is, isn't a complete monster on climate issues; which is Chomskys main contention a lot of the time.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I concede your point. What he said was that those who voted 3rd party "made a big mistake".

Takes a big man to concede anything these days. Then I bow my virtual hat to you in return. I always found CGP Greys videos on voting quite instructive for explaining all the voting-related issues. (For people who read this comment and don't know the issues with the voting systems).

I have only torrented "Requiem for the American Dream" by Chomsky, which is educational about the programming of American/western brainware. But just now running a search for "Chomsky" in qBittorrent search engines shows a lot more out there, in video and text, and related secondary sources.

The local TV news tonight in Oz had a big segment of Ted Cruz threatening el Presidente maybe-elect with fire and pitchforks if he did not carry out the entire "program" with the Presidency, Senate and Congress in "their" grasp. Even the rather right wing commercial TV keeps showing the USA as a trainwreck of lunatics, but it is not even fake.

what LZ1 said totally nailed it

i love my country man but yup like the rest of the

world she's got problems

when i was a kid, if you saw something on the news or

in a newspaper you could pretty much bank on it

not always but most of the time

i literally do not know what to trust any more with the

news basically stopped watching it

the other side of the coin on it too is i'm exhausted from

just seeing continuous bad news on folks

i know bad news sells, i get that but in the end i don't like

the way it started to have me look at the world or people

add to the fact most of it is celebrity junk today

look, attagirl for the kardashians man, glad they made uber

money, doin well, good to see some gals haven some biz power

for a change, but holy shit man, every day on google news

all ya see

'kim farted at 5 0 clock, kanye in distress' or something equivalent

to be really blunt about it (LOVE the 420 slang) i trust folks out of

the states basically 'street level' or 'net level' whatever you want to call it

than anything else

i can't stand 99% of what's on tv don't even have tv

once in a while i'll grab a torrent like pbs nova or frontline etc

it just seems it is more show biz today than anything else

it wears ya down too, too much info, xyz person in a scandal

really? like no shit

i'm not a bieber fan but he's another good example

look, at that age, you gave me a few million dollars and world wide fame

yeah, lets just say some interesting things will most likely occur

just seems like it's always tearing people down

people do a lot of good, they never make the news either

heck i didn't even know about the fake news thing with fakebook

till after the election, think i read it somewhere online

well, i got lots of BS myself man so if someone needs an author for fake news

and you pay well, hey, keep me in mind

i can come up with any kind of lie you want as long as your check clears lol

thanx for topic

cheerz

I agree with Chomsky, anything that helped elect Trump was a huge mistake. For all the Dems bad ways, they are the only viable "glass half full"...the Reps are far far far worse on every issue important to progressives...climate, minority rights, anti-racism/bigorty, abortion, women's equality, separation of church and state, diversity, election reform (at least anti-Citizens United), liberal Supreme Court, etc. Its a huge mistake (and one reason Trump won) to believe the two parties are "the same", in very important ways they are polar opposites. I'd love to see a viable progressive third party, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. So anyone who cares about progressive issues needs, even reluctantly, to support the "glass half full", then try to upgrade and improve it. Any other strategy is without hope.

hey glad yer hangen in there i've been keeping an eye on the currency thing

doin a little better pulling out of some stuff in life, all i can say on it

i don't always play well with others but i'm tryen

i do care about the folks here even tho might not do it the best way at times

all i know is when i'm stayen in touch here, reading posts etc my life seems better

i can't explain it, probably don't need to or figure out the 'why'

like the dude in the matrix right got under neo's feathers when he didn't know why

plus he had a hot rocken french babe with him, AND made good pie

ok, back to my bubble world

cheerz

Note that this only gained traction right after Trump won, when media realized they don't control people anymore. This is full panic mode from the defeated, and it's so laughably transparent. Watching them get ever more desperate as they continue to fade into irrelevance is going to be great.

Well, jonnymoon96, there's a virtual tidal wave of fake news hysteria about those conniving Russkies hacking our recent election and taking away the last scrap of sovereignty we had! The clown car that is Amerikan media are pissing their pants in desperation to make everyone believe it. So here's MY response to their screeching hysteria: It's your lie... you tell it however you want. You're going to anyway.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/370465-russia-hacking-claims-nsa-binney/

Not that Amerikan Big Brother wasn't already puking out fake news like a river flood, but it's now gotten a lot worse.

https://www.rt.com/usa/371542-obama-ndaa-signs-military/