Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.236.219
snapz

EU Copyright Directive – privatised censorship and filtering of free speech

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

The assault on freedom of speech and access to information continues to accelerate driven by Big Media and surveillance state mentality.

This shit is doomed from the start. It places a fucking massive burden on ISPs. If enacted, they would literally have to sit around in person and watch everything you do. And they would be accountable if they did not know that for instance, the picture of your kids in a (Insert fictional character from some stupid kids show) was a commercial product. (The character, not your kids. Lol.)

All parodies of anything “identified by rightsholders” would have to be blocked. What does that mean? I gave just one very simple example above. There are plenty more, but this explains why it cannot work.

This is overzealous idiocy at its worst, and should result in the asshats who wrote it being fired. Today. (And lynched for being that stupid.)

I will not worry. This is actually nothing new. And it failed every time they tried it. It will continue failing.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

This shit is doomed from the start. It places a fucking massive burden on ISPs. If enacted, they would literally have to sit around in person and watch everything you do. And they would be accountable if they did not know that for instance, the picture of your kids in a (Insert fictional character from some stupid kids show) was a commercial product. (The character, not your kids. Lol.)

All parodies of anything “identified by rightsholders” would have to be blocked. What does that mean? I gave just one very simple example above. There are plenty more, but this explains why it cannot work.

This is overzealous idiocy at its worst, and should result in the asshats who wrote it being fired. Today. (And lynched for being that stupid.)

I will not worry. This is actually nothing new. And it failed every time they tried it. It will continue failing.

Hello!

The thing is, they might find inspiration elsewhere.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

OmniNegro-- I hope you're right. But don't underestimate NSA/CIA/FBI and all the other alphabet soup assclowns of at least TRYING to bring the hammer down on the most secure (and defiant) VPN and email services, regardless of location. I know the subject in this thread is about internet service providers, and the same goes for them. The government turds will start with extreme pressure on the domestic players, and if that doesn't work out, then they'll begin surreptitiously pressuring governments of countries where those VPN/email services reside. I'm not making a 100 percent prediction, but don't rule out the probability.

A few years ago there was a Dutch computer/tech geek (I don't remember his name) who was a guest on The Keiser Report. He said something extremely interesting. According to this man, if every private individual who goes online would just use a good, reputable VPN, it would make it so expensive for the NSA to try to break through on ALL of them there would be no damn way they could afford it. (If THAT happened, the NSA would go HARD after a few rabbits to make an example of them as a clear warning to everyone else. And I'll tell ya this-- That kind of intimidation doesn't work on me. All it would do is make me just that much more defiant.)

Here is my personal rule about going online which I humbly recommend to everyone concerned about privacy and security (and I'm sure this point has been brought up elsewhere on the forum): Never, ever use either a VPN or email service based in Amerika. All you have to do is look at what happened to Lavabit. However.... just because a VPN or email service is based in Europe or elsewhere doesn't automaticallly make it a good choice. DO YOUR RESEARCH! I think it's safe to say all of us here are in agreement that Air is the best choice for a VPN. I also think there are several good choices for private and secure email: Protonmail; Tutanota; Posteo; Runbox, to name just a few. (Others here are welcome to add a favorite.)

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

NSA / CIA / FBI / GCHQ and the like are a very powerful weapon in the hands of politicians who want to stay in power by force and even want to extend this power.
And control is power. Under the guise of terrorism and pedophilia scare the majority and they know that the majority of the people want to give up their privacy for allegedly "fake" security. These same people are not even going to think about this and accept the picture, let alone demonstrate/protest.

Jean C. Juncker, European Commission President said in 1999,
"We decide something. We bring it in and wait. If there is no uprising from the people then we move on.
Step by step till return is no longer possible. "

And I think they're going to play it this way, step by step, with a couple of false flag attacks with many deaths and injuries and we are a bird for the cat.

Sorry for my English guys, i hope you undertand my point of view.

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell