Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.83.89
q9z8d

isp know im using vpn under ssl or ssh?

Hey,

I am using airvpn to hide tor usage. Of course I don't want the network that I am using to know I am using a vpn either... Does the ssl/ssh tunnel remedy this or could the isp still figure out im using a vpn? How can I conceal my traffic as best as possible?

thanks in advance

With SSL and SSH options, VPN traffic is no longer detectable by Deep Packet Inspection, the computer can no longer block the connection automatically. If a human were to monitor your connection it would be quite obvious that all your traffic is going to and from a single IP address which would easily indicate the usage of a VPN. SSH and SSL can only prevent automatic blocks and filtration. Most of the time the network does not have human beings monitoring the traffic stream, but if your in a situation where getting caught using one could put you in danger of some kind you should just find a different network to use. Using a VPN most likely is not worth getting fired from work or expelled from school or imprisioned by your government. 

The most stealthy way (there is not really a best way as everyones situation varies) is to use SSL/443. Stunnel will act as an OpenVPN wrapper, effectively hiding the OpenVPN connection while only showing the stunnel connection (which uses similar encryption to SSL secured websites).

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom