Not connected, Your IP: 54.144.219.156
Sign in to follow this  
Panaginip

Connection Issue when the Client is Disconnected

Hi there.

I used to run AirVPN without any troubles. I think the default client version that I had was the 10.2.3 iteration. After several months, I seem to have done something wrong. I could still browse the internet whenever I have the client running, but it now doesn't let me browse if it's turned off.

You can see below how I'm currently disconnected in the client while it says that I'm connected to the wireless network, but I can't browse anything.

I tried pinging 8.8.8.8, and it gave me a General Failure error instead.

I thought I'd try to use the experimental version for a change, and that's what I'm using right now.

Basically, I uninstalled the old client, disabled the TAP driver then uninstalled it, and restarted my computer before installing the new client.

I'm not sure how I could fix the situation right now. I was hoping to browse Netflix, but I can't since they don't let you view their stuff when you're connected to a VPN.

Here is my current setup:

Eddie Version: 2.11.5

TAP Version: 9.21.2

Disable the network lock.

I've tried that, and that's the result I have right now.

EDIT: I think I've had the network lock problem before. I think (I really don't quite remember right now) that I solved it by reinstalling the client which is why I tried to do that here. I've reinstalled it with the same stable version, and then uninstalled it for the current experimental version I'm using.

I still don't have access to browsing even when the network lock is turned off. I've also done that plus exiting the client itself.

I had the same issue. Disabling the network lock does not seem to work for me (Windows 10, AirVPN 2.10.3)

I reset my Windows Firewall back to default settings and that worked (along with the usual reset of DNS settings.

If you shut Windows down before you disconnect Eddie, it fails to reset your adaptor to Obtain DNS address automatically. So when you restart, the adaptor is looking for the Air DNS server address 10.4.0.1

Check your Network Adaptor DNS setting. If it's set to 10.4.0.1, it can't find the DNS servers.  It's  feature of Eddie !!!  Don't change the TAP settings. 

edit..

Staff have advised, if you "Exit" eddie & shut it down (not disabled), then restart, eddie will auto reset the adaptor and fix the DNS address. Haven't tried it yet.

I "Exit" eddie in it's control panel, b4 I click Windows "Shutdown". That works for me and ensures the DNS is set correctly.

Don't let governments or politicians take your privacy or freedom away from you.

They will if you let them, once they are elected ! many politicians forget,..in a democracy, they are elected By the people for the people, not the other way round !  "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell 

Forgot to mention, install Eddie V2.11.7 experimental. It has more Windows patches. It seems to be stable, for me at least.

Don't let governments or politicians take your privacy or freedom away from you.

They will if you let them, once they are elected ! many politicians forget,..in a democracy, they are elected By the people for the people, not the other way round !  "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell