Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.212.5

This is a pure marketing junk.

In fact, in order to cover fingerprinting, you have to go much deeper than just browser language and user agent.

There are fonts which are unique per each OS, there is javascript timezone setting, web beacons, browser pings,

and so on. For a more complete solution look into the following extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-agent-spoofer/

Technically it would be a bad idea to implement something like this in a VPN client. This leads to bloatware and

potential incompatibility with future browser versions, so it has to be installed and configured by each user individually.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

zhang888, I've been looking for something like that, but for Chrome. I'm aware of the UA switching that umatrix provides, but I'd like a more complete solution. Do you know of an extension like that one but for chrome? 

Zhang888, would Random Agent spoofer and UBlock Origin work well together for this purpose? Should it be one or the other? Sorry, I don't understand how they work, so would like to have an idea how to avoid browser fingerprinting without completely cluttering up Firefox with a ton of unnecessary add ons. I should say, I also use NoScript, though not sure if that's relevant in this context.

Thanks.

Yes, they are totally inter-compatible and work on slightly different levels.

Random-Agent-Spoofer is mainly manipulating HTTP requests and responses while uBlock Origin and similar

ad blockers are parsing the content itself and apply filters on network and HTML/JS parts of the browser.

They are working safely and even recommended to be used together for better privacy.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Using https://panopticlick.eff.org for feedback is interesting.

With FF 49.0.2 on W7 with addons disabled:

"Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 180,968 tested so far."

With FF 49.0.2 on W7 with addons NoScript, uBlock Origin, Image Block enabled (and some others)

"only one in 2479.9 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours."

With Google Chrome 54.0.2840.87 m on W7 with just Readability and SpeakIt addons

"appears to be unique among the 181,048 tested so far."

I expect to add Random Agent Spoofer to my workaday FF after seeing a bit more feedback (possible strange incompatibilities etc).

The fine grain configuration  and amount of effort of the author, and record with other addons is positive, as well as recommendation here.

I read a story recently that said many agent spoofers make it *easier* to identify particular users, because a lot of the random fingerprints they generate are either very unlikely or completely impossible in the real world.

I read a story recently that said many agent spoofers make it *easier* to identify particular users, because a lot of the random fingerprints they generate are either very unlikely or completely impossible in the real world.

but the point is that it changes often.  it may be unique but if it changes upon the next visit to that site doesn't that do the job?

The most recent update of Pale Moon, a Firefox spin-off, introduces a native option in the browser that should make it a lot harder for others to use Canvas to fingerprint the browser.

Dunno what it really  worth

Disable Javascript seems to be the only thing to avoid it

The most recent update of Pale Moon, a Firefox spin-off, introduces a native option in the browser that should make it a lot harder for others to use Canvas to fingerprint the browser.

Dunno what it really  worth

Disable Javascript seems to be the only thing to avoid it

https://panopticlick.eff.org

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I know this site (panopticlick)  , it makes me crying everytime I visit it , so know I prefer to visit Toscana )

Fingerprint gives the infos below :

• the encrypted IP address,
  • name of the operating system,
  • screen resolution,
  • time zone settings,
  • fonts installed on your computer,
  • the string with information about the browser (i.e. the User Agent String),
  • the time and date of the test,
  • plugins installed on your browser,
  • list of accepted MIME types,
  • the navigator object hashed, values of navigator.doNotTrack and navigator.buildID,
  • and the generated identifier.

When you disable JS a lot of these infos aren't collected , the firefox or Chrome extensions are very weak weapons against fingerprinting , alas for the moment it seems  impossible to avoid it  :

As it was said before in this forum: use Tor Browser without Tor and you will get the perfect browser to avoid fingerprinting. If you want to use Tor enable it.

When you disable JS a lot of these infos aren't collected , the firefox or Chrome extensions are very weak weapons against fingerprinting , alas for the moment it seems  impossible to avoid it  :

May I suggest a tradeoff? NoScript.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I confirm "script safe" is the best extension available , no fingerprinting detected by panopticlick or browserleaks, too bad it doesn't exist for Firefox