Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.90.25

Hello!

I went ahead and checked to make sure the forum search feature was still working and I can report that it is .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

This is no reason for me to not use them. I won a 1 year license from malwaretips. i realy not do any shady stuff, just want abit anonymity, thats all.i think it is more than enough for it, or? By the way. can u guys can recommend any other vpn provider? i used perfect-privacy for a long time because i know how safe they are and that they does not log anything. but its not worth the price. i almost dont see any post here about any other provider with good results.  thats abit strange, like only defending airvpn? 

Well as it happens, a lot of poor VPN services dish out freebies - including one year, two year and "lifetime" awards. It's tempting, surely, but that doesn't mean it's automatically smart to follow up on. As for whether you do any shady stuff or not, is up to interpretation by whoever is watching; which is, incidentally, why surveillance of any kind, VPN or otherwise, is so dangerous. Because the watcher can always change the meaning of "shady" or "suspicious" to fit their purpose. It could for instance, be considered shady that you're even using a VPN to start with.

In a sense, I don't think you can *know* a provider is safe. But instead only say that you are very *certain*, based on what you know about them and their practices. That's why this VPN business is so tricky - a bad VPN is a fantastic backdoor into your activities and there's so many grey areas and ambiguities to consider. For instance, you say they do not log anything. Well, as Air Staff pointed out, you can say you don't "log", yet still do real-time analysis and be speaking the truth, technically. So it's kind of up to you to make sure you pick a provider that *you* think lives up to whatever standards you set for yourself. Personally, I find it a little strange that you claim to want "a bit" of anonymity, but then go on to state that you're not willing to pay for it anyway, as it's "not worth the price". If you don't care, there's little stopping you from creating a VM, installing AirVPN in it and then starting to use that 1 year sub you got from that other VPN.

I think it's honestly difficult to recommend other VPNs. Most of them are different shades of poo really - even if wrapped in the most attractive of marketing, with their buzzwords and sexy images. Like a really beautifully wrapped up Christmas gift that comes in a big cool box, but turns out to be a pair of power-ranger socks, aww damn. Or worse, power-ranger underwear    Why? Because there's no actual *Official Standards* for VPNs. This is why Air has such a strong following, because Air is absolutely uncompromising about security and thereby sets the standard, while most other VPN services are more concerned with selling a finely tuned product that markets "anonymity" or "100% privacy". Also, in case you haven't noticed, these are AirVPN forums and so if you want to decrease the chance of bias, you shouldn't be looking for reviews about other VPNs, on the forum of one of their competitors, as being associated with the question often isn't so smart . Air sets very high standards, so I don't think it's strange at all if other VPNs don't meet this standard. It doesn't always mean that they're bad or useless, it just means that for people around here, they don't tick all the desired boxes. This is why I said it's up to you and what standards you set. If you only want "a bit" of anonymity, whatever that is, then by all means find a provider that you feel is "a bit" trustworthy in carrying out that task. I must admit however, that I find it quite amusing to think about how you can be "a bit" unknown, as anonymity is defined as:

an•o•nym•i•ty (ănˌə-nĭmˈĭ-tē)

• n.
    The quality or state of being unknown or unacknowledged.
  • n.
    One that is unknown or unacknowledged.
That guy who wrote the song "Purple Rain" was "a bit" unknown to me, hmmm. Haha.

VPNs require trust of some measure. By asking for our recommendations, you're also trusting us. But you ultimately need to find a provider that *you personally* trust .

I wish you luck .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

This is no reason for me to not use them. I won a 1 year license from malwaretips. i realy not do any shady stuff, just want abit anonymity, thats all.i think it is more than enough for it, or? By the way. can u guys can recommend any other vpn provider? i used perfect-privacy for a long time because i know how safe they are and that they does not log anything. but its not worth the price. i almost dont see any post here about any other provider with good results.  thats abit strange, like only defending airvpn? 

people are free to say what they want in this forum.  but, this IS an AirVPN forum.  There's a reason why people are here - they've looked at other options and decided AirVPN is the best choice.

Please do not be arrogant. We are all taking time out of our day to (willingly) help you. There will be (even if it's a small amount) obvious bias towards AirVPN. You are on AirVPN's forum. Secondly, if you do not understand how bad CryberGhost's actions were/are, then you need to study basic security/privacy practices. A root certificate allows them to intercept all traffic, including SSL communications (such as you logging into your online bank account, email, Skype, etc.) where as VPN's who do not install root certificates will not be able to see any SSL traffic. Most VPN's do not have this much blatant disrespect towards their customers, but we can conclude that a significant amount of "good reviews" are fake. AirVPN offers an open-source client Eddie so you can trust their service much more. Many mainstream VPN's such as PIA, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and many more, offer proprietary VPN clients. How can you be so sure that these clients aren't rouge... And how can we respect a VPN service that doesn't care about their Linux users? If you are unable to accept our opinion, then look elsewhere, everyone here at AirVPN is here for a reason.

Why not use Hola? It's free, so there is no reason for you to not use them...?

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom