Not connected, Your IP: 44.197.195.36

Hi, I'm trying to activate several services through the VPN. My machine is a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian. I'd like to get at least Deluge, DelugeWeb, Couchpotato, Headphones and Sickrage working. FTP would be covenient as well. As far as I understood, I should use port forwarding, shouldn't I ?

So let's take DelugeWeb as an example. Ir works perfectly on my LAN, and I access it with thee default port 8112 on my RPi's local IP. So I tried to set :

• in AirVPN : a TCP/UDP port forwarding from 50812 to 50812
  • on my routeur : a TCP port forwarding from 50812 to my RPi's local IP, port 8112

But I can't get a green light. Did I miss someting ?

So let's take DelugeWeb as an example. Ir works perfectly on my LAN, and I access it with thee default port 8112 on my RPi's local IP. So I tried to set :

• in AirVPN : a TCP/UDP port forwarding from 50812 to 50812
  • on my routeur : a TCP port forwarding from 50812 to my RPi's local IP, port 8112

But I can't get a green light. Did I miss someting ?

Is the router connecting to AirVPN or your RasPi?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

at least one of these threads every week.  it's amazing.

if the router is the openvpn client you must use iptables.  do not use the web GUI of the router as those make forwarded ports from WAN to LAN.  You need to forward from TUN to LAN.

if the router is NOT the openvpn client then you do not forward ports on the router.  no, you do not.

Thanks, I actually read such IPTABLES posts but I didn't feel cioncerned for some reason. My RasPi is the one connecting to the VPN. Sorry. If it is so frequent, perhaps it could be interresting do document that once for all, on a tutorial for instance.

how to properly forward ports for routers that are the openvpn client is in the how-to section of this forum.

since your raspi is the openvpn client you should not forward any ports on your router.

is deluge, et. al. running on the raspi too?

My RasPi is the one connecting to the VPN.

Ergo, you need to forward port 8112 in the AirVPN port forwarder. If 8112 is not available, you could forward a random remote port to local port 8112, also in AirVPN, and then connect to your.domain.here:random_port to reach the web interface from outside.

It's easier to specify a DDNS name when creating the port, this way you only connect to your.ddns.name.airdns.org to reach your web interface.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks. It works perfectly. And I understand better now why it does not make sense to involve routeur port forwarding when a machine behind is "tunneling" a VPN connection. It was actually very straighforward ! I'm now just waitong for DDNS propagation to test this. Thanks a lot.