Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.239.195

I always use network lock when I'm using airvpn, which is pretty much anytime im online on my computer. I always wondered what exactly it does to the firewall rules, and how stateful it is? I am still only slighly more than a beginner in linux, and I know in basic terms it adjusts the iptables rules to make traffic only go to through the client. What else does it do?

Hello!

I take it you haven't read this then?

The Experimental client does things differently - you can check my guide if you want to read more.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

What else does it do?

What do you think is it supposed to do? It adds IPTables rules.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I have a couple of queries about Eddie - I've tried searching, but can't seem to find an answer (I'm sure they have been answered, I jsut too think to work out the right question, I think).

How can I tell if I am connected UDP or TCP?

Also, if the vpn disconnects from, say, a server in the UK, is there anyway to ensure that it reconnects only to a server in the UK? [Am I right the network lock might do this?]

Thanks for your time.

I'm using ubuntu 16.04.1 and Eddie 2.11.5

I have a couple of queries about Eddie - I've tried searching, but can't seem to find an answer (I'm sure they have been answered, I jsut too think to work out the right question, I think).

How can I tell if I am connected UDP or TCP?

Also, if the vpn disconnects from, say, a server in the UK, is there anyway to ensure that it reconnects only to a server in the UK? [Am I right the network lock might do this?]

Thanks for your time.

I'm using ubuntu 16.04.1 and Eddie 2.11.5

A lot of information can be gleaned from the logs and protocol areas.

You can whitelist servers you prefer, as well as enable an option to reconnect to the same server, in the preferences menus. You can read about Network Lock in my guide if you wish:)

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Haha you're welcome. No my guide is the first link from the top, in my signature. The one for new people and such.