Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.126.38

Hi fellas, I have a problem here.

I'm running a WIN machine, and I connect to Internet using a AVP over TOR, so, if I use TOR BROWSER its use a TOR NODE and myip it gonna show its a TOR.

When I use firefox, trnasmission or another program, myip shows the one assigned by AVP. So, it's all fine at this point.

I'm trying to use WHONIX on a VirtualBox VM, so that way, I can use TOR BROWSER on the VM and get thru the AVP over TOR to the internet, and get in the end in myip the AVP assigned ip.

But, when I try myip on TOR BROWSER, inside the Virtualbox VM, its reflect the TOR NODE IP.

Can you help me to figure out what to do to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi fellas, I have a problem here.

I'm running a WIN machine, and I connect to Internet using a AVP over TOR, so, if I use TOR BROWSER its use a TOR NODE and myip it gonna show its a TOR.

When I use firefox, trnasmission or another program, myip shows the one assigned by AVP. So, it's all fine at this point.

I'm trying to use WHONIX on a VirtualBox VM, so that way, I can use TOR BROWSER on the VM and get thru the AVP over TOR to the internet, and get in the end in myip the AVP assigned ip.

But, when I try myip on TOR BROWSER, inside the Virtualbox VM, its reflect the TOR NODE IP.

Can you help me to figure out what to do to fix this?

Thanks.

hey! I have the same problem. I think that tor is circumventing (bypassing) the vpn in some way; I'm also confused as to why Firefox cannot access onion sites within whonix workstation because w/o the vpn I do get a tor IP and it still routes through the gateway. I think it has to do with the firewall configuration... Whonix's website has some posts about this that I haven't read yet and they may hold the answer to our dilemma

Here's the link:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Tunnels/Connecting_to_Tor_before_a_VPN

It's pretty difficult for me to read due to my lack of knowledge on this stuff but I'm sure we can figure it out!