Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.83.121
Arceon

[Android 6.0.1] [OpenVPN for Android] "VPN API permission dialog cancelled"

[sOLVED]

Hello everyone, I am excited to share that my problem has been solved. I uninstalled Xposed and installed the newest version (do note I am running a custom version of Xposed, because I am on Samsung Marshmallow). Then, I disabled modules one for one. I disabled a module, rebooted, and tried establishing a VPN connection. I had success after I deactived the module Force Immersive Mode. I am quite surprised such a module could cause this problem, but I do not care now. I do care about being able to use a VPN connection on my Android device now.

I would like to thank everybody for their help

Seems like you forced either a system app or OpenVPN into Immersive Mode. Given the fact you use Android 6 which actively tries to detect modifications of this kind your findings don't surprise me at all (the VPN dialog is a system prompt); you changed the way of presentation and Android detected it. It's not supported by either of them and this circumstance led to a break of your ROM. XPosed is dangerous, I hope the rest of your modules are safe..

But I'm glad you solved this one. Enjoy AirVPN.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.