Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.105.194
Kepler_452b

ZCASH - Genuinely Anonymous Altcoin

NiceHash.com has a Windows Zcash miner...sort of.  It actually rents the hashpower of your machine to buyers to mine zec and pays you in Bitcoin at some unspecified conversion rate...meh.

This might be more interesting :

"Windows 10: How To Pool Mine ZCash ZEC Coins on Suprnova.cc with a CPU & nheqminer"
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOajHcOsm7k"

or this one which I believe actually pays you in zec:

"Updated: How to Mine Zcash on Windows - CPU Pool Miner"
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4rsP5qshE"

It's all very obscure right now since nobody knows what a zec will be worth. Probably best to actually mine zec and hold on to them.  Having the slow start removes some of the impetus to jump in asap.

If anybody else has links to Windows zec miners that you think are interesting, please post them. No doubt in the next few weeks there will be more Windows miners released. Zcash's mining software and wallet are linux only at the moment.

Smiley removed

I decided not to buy a cloud mining contract....too many variables with 0 predictability of ROI.

I'm currently mining with nicehash miner....getting about 12 H/s using 3 of 4 cores, 3.6 GHz processor.

After 9 days of mining about 8,000 zecs have been created for a total market capitalization of about $4.4 million. 1 zec currently has a price of about $550 or .8 BTC. By the end of the 34 days of slow-start mining there will be about 64,000 zec mined. Currently zec can be traded on Bitfinex, Bittrex, Bitnow, Bitsquare, Changelly, HitBTC, Kraken, Poloniex, ShapeShift and YUNBI. Jaxx wallet now includes Zcash.

Currently there have been about 40,000 zec mined since mining began on Oct 18. It's still early days but the value of 1 zec seems to have stabilized at about $110 for a total market capitalization of about $4.4 million. At the end of the first year of zec mining there should be about 2.6 million zec mined. The value of a zec could of course increase or decrease. But if the value holds around the $100 level, zec will then have a total market capitalization of about $260 million which would put it in the top 5 highest market value of altcoins.

hahha I don't believe that this coin has any future

We would be happy when it does more than a website and a white paper, although chances are 3500:1 so far.

You can't compare it to a new technological breakthrough, the analogy is wrong.

Kind of reminds me new Linux distributions that aim to fix "everything" that is wrong in the current way of it.

I will actually give 1 BTC to any person in this thread if this coin goes to top 10 in a year from now, that is how

confident I am about the current situation.

Quick update: current value of a zec is about $50 which makes it the #2 most valuable altcoin after bitcoin. With only 190,000 zec mined since it started in Oct, the current market cap is over $9 million, which makes it the 25th largest market cap of the 700 altcoins listed by Coinmarketcap.com.

The IRS is now aggressively seeking to track and tax bitcoin transactions:

"Bitcoin Exchange Ordered to Give IRS Years of Data on Millions of Users":

"http://gizmodo.com/bitcoin-exchange-ordered-to-give-irs-years-of-data-on-m-1789544707/amp"  (thanks Ricnvolved1956)

started adding funds to the bitcoin account gonna keep an eye on this, appreciate your updates

cheerz

Quick Update: 

The price of 1 zec is holding at about $50. Since it's release in mid-October it has remained the second most valuable altcoin after bitcoin. There are now over 325K zec mined. The current market cap of zcash is $16M making it the 18th largest altcoin by market cap...this is up from about 45th largest in early November.