Not connected, Your IP: 54.208.238.160
bumbleb33

List of ECDSA key fingerprints for SSH tunnel connections

Hi,

Like it says in the documentation, and as is usual, upon the first connection to a ssh server to open a ssh tunnel, the authenticity via the ECDSA key fingerprint is stated. The documentation says to just accept it. But this is dangerous as it allows any intermediate to open a MITM attack.

So please compile a list of all servers (with their IPs) and their fingerprints so we can match them on the first connection.

Thanks!

The documentation says to just accept it. But this is dangerous as it allows any intermediate to open a MITM attack.

Not really.

Both SSL/SSH tunnels are there for the traffic pattern and not for any additional security.

An attacker with an SSL/SSH MITM will not be able to decrypt your OpenVPN encryption.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

The documentation says to just accept it. But this is dangerous as it allows any intermediate to open a MITM attack.

Not really.

Both SSL/SSH tunnels are there for the traffic pattern and not for any additional security.

An attacker with an SSL/SSH MITM will not be able to decrypt your OpenVPN encryption.

Yes you're right, I figured that too after posting my request.

Before I posted, I thought that AirVPN also supports ssh tunneling or opening a SOCKS server via ssh -D instead of just being an intermediate via port forwarding for the openvpn client.

ssh SOCKS server support would be a cool feature, any chance airvpn might add that?