Not connected, Your IP: 3.94.98.40

Hello,

I am newish here, and am not too technical.

Running Eddie on OS X 10.11.6 with Network Lock on.

Was running great, then, yesterday, noticed that connection had been lost, and tried to reconnect, but,continually got stuck on the "Checking Routes".

Had to quit and re-start Eddie to get reconnected. 

I'd prefer to run with Network lock on, but can not stay connected with the Network Lock on. Obviously, while I quit and restart, I'm not running VPN...

I have no idea what to do to help with this issue. I know this may be too vague, but, I'm simply not too technical to know where to begin.

I apologize if this is already covered. I've tried looking through the forums, but, can't find this, or understand how to run with OS X so it will reconnect when the connection is lost while running the Network Lock on.

Is there any way to start Network lock if it is off and Eddie is already running without having to restart?

Thank you 

Hello!

You could try the experimental client or you could try disabling "DNS" and AirVPN "tunnel check" in the preferences menu.

You should ideally attach your entire logs. In spoilers too.

I believe you need to disconnect every time in order to re-enable NL.

Welcome

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thank you.

I am attaching a file...I hope that is a spoiler.

Thank you,

I will try the beta when I find it. I have unchecked the tunnel box...does that cause leaks, though?

If I disable DNS, does that mean it won't use the VPN servers?

I am very sorry I am not too knowledgeable...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help.

if you see anything glaring in my logs, please tell me. If you see nothing wrong, please also tell me.

Thanks again, I appreciate your willingness to help.

Log.rtf

If I disable DNS, does that mean it won't use the VPN servers?

You don't disable DNS, you disable these DNS checks of the client:

I 2016.10.09 07:00:40 - Checking route\
I 2016.10.09 07:00:40 - Checking DNS\
! 2016.10.09 07:00:41 - Connected.\

In this example it worked, even the route check worked, so disabling the checks doesn't contribute to solving the problem. The real problem are the inactivity timeouts.

. 2016.10.09 06:57:52 - Updating systems & servers data ...\
W 2016.10.09 06:57:53 - The request timed out\
. 2016.10.09 06:57:53 - OpenVPN > [server] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting\
. 2016.10.09 06:57:53 - OpenVPN > SIGUSR1[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting\

Though I'm not sure I've seen some request timing out before the inactivity timeout...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

So, thank you for the replies.

I wonder if, like in another post, the DNS is not resolving, as it has timed out and is just checking my DNS configured on my computer....and, so, it never finds its' way back to the airvpn servers at all, since it is stuck at checking route.

If this is the case, what should I put in my preferences on my machine, or somewhere in the preferences of the Eddie to help it find itself?

Thanks