Not connected, Your IP: 174.129.59.198

But as I am now using Waterfox on Windows, I suspect it may not be possible to copy or merge profiles with Firefox on Linux.

By the way, I'm coming from Waterfox on Windows. No single error there, could use the profile as if I always worked on Linux with it.

Well, as I said, I suspect the numerous extensions I have in use made my profile unusable on Linux. Perhaps if I made a list of those extensions and installed them on FF in Linux it would become compatible. But I solved the problem by just remaking a Linux profile with only the important things.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

I'm using Pale Moon with these about:config modifications + some others I don't remember

privacy.trackingprotection.enabled = true

This is Mozilla’s new built in tracking protection.

geo.enabled = false

Disables geolocation.

browser.safebrowsing.phishing.enabled = false

Disable Google Safe Browsing and phishing protection. Security risk, but privacy improvement.

browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled = false

Disable Google Safe Browsing malware checks. Security risk, but privacy improvement.

dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled = false

Disable that websites can get notifications if you copy, paste, or cut something from a web page, and it lets them know which part of the page had been selected.

network.cookie.cookieBehavior = 1

Disable cookies

0 = Accept all cookies by default

1 = Only accept from the originating site (block third party cookies)

2 = Block all cookies by default

network.cookie.lifetimePolicy = 2

cookies are deleted at the end of the session

0 = Accept cookies normally

1 = Prompt for each cookie

2 = Accept for current session only

3 = Accept for N days

browser.cache.offline.enable = false

Disables offline cache.

browser.send_pings = false

The attribute would be useful for letting websites track visitors’ clicks.

webgl.disabled = true

WebGL is a potential security risk. Source

dom.battery.enabled = false

Website owners can track the battery status of your device. Source

browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo = 0

Even with Firefox set to not remember history, your closed tabs are stored temporarily at Menu -> History -> Recently Closed Tabs.

+ Mozilla Addons compatibles with Pale Moon : Disconnect , QuickJava , Ublock Origin , User Agent Overrider

And I use too JondoBrowser personalized

I recommend too an other browser based on firefox and focused on privacy : jonfox (jondofox without jondo) I've replaced no script and cookie manager by "quickjava" a versatile addon which allow you to disable when you want js , j, F, L, rtc, ilverlight, animated images, cookies etc . It is with this browser that I get the best results at ipcheck site

http://ip-check.info/?lang=en

I know this is partly off topic, but why would anyone who cares about their privacy use Chrome? Hell, even the Widevine Content Decryption Module in Firefox is known to betray your privacy. (Widevine is the property of Google. They make their money by selling any amount of data they can collect about you to anyone who will pay.) So why use them? You do not need them, and you have plenty of other options.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

I must completely agree google is a spying util for consumerists , on linux mint there is a very useful domain blocker where I've banned the most annoying google domains .

​Same thing for Android why:  buying a vpn if you are prisonner of google ?

I know this is partly off topic, but why would anyone who cares about their privacy use Chrome? Hell, even the Widevine Content Decryption Module in Firefox is known to betray your privacy. (Widevine is the property of Google. They make their money by selling any amount of data they can collect about you to anyone who will pay.) So why use them? You do not need them, and you have plenty of other options.

I was a long time user of Firefox, but it has become so slow for me.  Takes an age to render some websites. I have changed to Vivaldi.  So far it seems good, lightning fast based on chrome but with no google.

Cyberfox (firefox fork, as my primary) and SRWare Iron (chrome based, needed for work) - both are supported in Windoze and Linux.  I also use Tor occasionally.

I was a long time user of Firefox, but it has become so slow for me.  Takes an age to render some websites. I have changed to Vivaldi.  So far it seems good, lightning fast based on chrome but with no google.

From my recent experience, the Electrolysis/Multiprocess features of FF have made it pretty slick. 

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Multiprocess_Firefox

w/ a side of adjustments..

https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

Any Opera user feedback?

Thanks!

It really depends on what kind of privacy you are trying to achieve and who you are trying to hide from.  In my case, I'm just trying to keep my browsing and file transfers hidden from my ISP and not my government. If you are some sort of political activist or hacker who is breaking tons of federal laws then which browser you use is only a tiny piece of what it takes to remain anonymous online.  It's an entire lifestyle change to remain completely off the grid.  So back to the original question, I personally use chrome with ABP, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere, and WebRTC Blocker.  But like I kinda mentioned before, I'm just downloading torrents with the occasional deep web browsing when I'm bored....

I've been using firefox will about:config modifcations and some extensions. Also, I have been using Chromium for some websites that are more heavy on flash but only one or two. However, even with most of the privacy settings turned to off I'm always slightly wary while I'm using Chromium. Today I tried out a new browser called "Brave". So far I like the privacy options on the browser and I find no WEB RTC leaks when disable all finger printing is turned on. Does anyone on here have enough experience with this browser? Are there any modifictions I should know to use while using my VPN with the Brave browser?

https://brave.com/features/

Edit:

Then I came across this page as well. Apparently the source is based on Chromium but they claim Brave does not call back to Google or their Webstore. Is there any way to check the validity of such a statement?

https://brave.com/development-plans-for-upcoming-release/

Is there any way to check the validity of such a statement?

Sniff the network, look which domains and IPs are requested.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Is there any way to check the validity of such a statement?

Sniff the network, look which domains and IPs are requested.

Your advice definitely makes sense. However, I have never actually done something like that before. Is it relatively simple? I imagine there could also be a config file somewhere that would tell that information too?

Unfortunately, some knowledge about computer networks is required. Also, sniffers such as Wireshark are not too easy to understand. I'd gladly give you some links, but I'm not at home.

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

My primary browser is Firefox.

Add-ons are uBlock Origin, Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Cookie AutoDelete and Violentmonkey.

Hi there.

I'm a novice at this internet thingy, but have to use it to do research. I read a security leaflet somewhere and my work also sent me on a "be safe on the web" workshop; I can't seem to find the leaflet now but I do the following - on a ubuntu 16.04 machine:

- I have several profiles on firefox. one is for web mail, one for my banking and another for browsing and downloading media. Cookies clear automatically in each profile but in the one I use for banking I have no apps loaded. For the other ones I do have a couple of apps - adguard, is one - and also no script. I have webrtc disabled. And a canvas/fingerprint blocker.

- I also use the latest Opera. It is great is I need to print a page - nice neat prints. I also have it set to delete all cookies, block finger prints etc.

- I have chromium, but rarely use it. Again, set up to delete cookies etc.

I always connect to the internet  I via a vpn.

I'm considering moving across to either using the ToR browser (without ToR) or the jondo browser if it is ever updated.

Thanks for reading.

for anything sensitive I use TOR and airVPN.

for normal work I use latest FireFox ESR + no scipt, https everywhere, self-destructin cookies, uBlock Origin.

problem is I think I read that current ESR is coming to an end very soon and they will start using that new "look" from FF v60+ wich for me is terrible. and also I can't use many add-ons on that :-(.

what's up with new noscript on new FF v60+. it looks terrible. I don't have a clue how to use it and to me it seems it lacks many of options.

P.S. what are the advantages of waterfox? can you use add-ons as on ESR? are they updating often and can you get it to look as older FFs?

Yes to all three points.

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

The latest version of the Brave browser has an option to use Tor in a private tab. What do you guys think? Is it an easy way to use airvpn and tor together or would that be unwise?