Not connected, Your IP: 3.89.116.152

When I have Eddie running am I automatically protected in uTorrent?

or

Are there setting I need to configure with uTorrent and Eddie to make sure all my setting are private and anonymous. 

Also I have Network Lock activated, what does this do. I have network lock on and my server disconnects does this free traffic?

Any help would be awesome.

Newbie.

You should make sure your system doesn't have any DNS leaks as well as check if uTorrent isn't leaking. You can test both at ipleak.net. I'd also recommend disabling WebRTC on your browser as well since that can leak both your ISP given IP address as well as your internal network IP address.

Also you shouldn't have to configure Eddie for leaks as it already configures your system for it. But I'd still test for leaks to be safe.

Hello!

Personally, I recommend using qBittorent, both because it's open-source software and because I think it's possible to make it bind to the VPN interface, thus only using the VPN interface for torrenting, while this may not (yet) be possible in uTorrent as easily. As DA623 said, you ought to go to ipleak.net and see if you're leaking anything. Try the test torrent as well. However with Network Lock on, you won't be leaking WebRTC either, even though ipleak shows you how to disable it anyway. Remember to do some portforwarding, to forward the port that your torrent client uses, so that things go faster .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Personally, I recommend using qBittorent, both because it's open-source software and because I think it's possible to make it bind to the VPN interface, thus only using the VPN interface for torrenting, while this may not (yet) be possible in uTorrent as easily. As DA623 said, you ought to go to ipleak.net and see if you're leaking anything. Try the test torrent as well. However with Network Lock on, you won't be leaking WebRTC either, even though ipleak shows you how to disable it anyway. Remember to do some portforwarding, to forward the port that your torrent client uses, so that things go faster .

I also vouch for qBitTorrent, as said above (by LZ1) you can make the torrent client ONLY use the VPN adapter, meaning that it will not accept data from any other connection on your computer other than your VPN connection. Network Lock ensures that all of the data you send is directed to an AirVPN server when you are connected, thus, eliminating the possibility of an IP leak (this also protects you from WebRTC leaks, but it may be a good idea to manually disable WebRTC in your internet browser, especially if you use Firefox as this is easy to do).

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom

Network Lock ensures that all of the data you send is directed to an AirVPN server when you are connected, thus, eliminating the possibility of an IP leak (this does not protect you from WebRTC leaks).

Of course it does protect against "WebRTC" leaks! It's just a very specific case of the most general purpose of the filtering rules set by Network Lock.

See also here to frame the argument correctly:

https://www.clodo.it/blog/an-alternative-approach-to-so-called-webrtc-leaks/

Kind regards

Network Lock ensures that all of the data you send is directed to an AirVPN server when you are connected, thus, eliminating the possibility of an IP leak (this does not protect you from WebRTC leaks).

Of course it does protect against "WebRTC" leaks! It's just a very specific case of the most general purpose of the filtering rules set by Network Lock.

See also here to frame the argument correctly:

https://www.clodo.it/blog/an-alternative-approach-to-so-called-webrtc-leaks/

Kind regards

Oops, please disregard my sentence about the WebRTC leaks.

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom

please see image below, if both of the IP's listed are not my IP address i can assume I am not leaking correct?

Image7.png

Hello just underneath the ip address under webrtc it shouldn't show any address from what i understood.

Hello just underneath the ip address under webrtc it shouldn't show any address from what i understood.

please see image below, if both of the IP's listed are not my IP address i can assume I am not leaking correct?

Image7.png

That is the local ip that you have under the VPN server. It reflects nothing about your actual network.