Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.24.82
highchilled

Eddie 2.11.3 and Kali 2

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to ask if somebody else has the same problem and maybe a solution.

So my Eddies on my other machines work very well and I'm very happy with them, but my Eddie 2.11.3 in Kali Linux 2 Rolling always needs 5 minutes for "checking login" and then logs in.. and then it also always needs 5 minutes for "checking authorization", when connecting to any server.

The weird thing is, that it are always EXACTLY 5 minutes for both which makes me suspect that it's a setting-issue maybe?

Has anybody else experienced this?

regards,
me

Hello cm0s!

Yes I did this:

1. On interface wlan0, when trying to log in it starts communicating with Amazon Servers (52.48.66.85) which is normal, because Eddie tries to pull down server datas from there.
(The 5 minutes in which it hangs til I'm logged in no packages are sent or received)
2. Then I'm logged in and choose a server and some encrypted packages with this server were sent.
(As it starts hanging again at "checking authorization" - again no packages are sent or received till it's done)

Somewhere between Logged in and checking authorization a lot of ping requests from 199.21.149.44 are sent. This IP i don't know.
And sometimes it seems, that these ping requests cause Eddie to freeze.

When I try to monitor the tunnel-adapter, wireshark will be intercepted, because it says the interface went down.

It's driving me crazy, because the problem must be somwhere and I just don't find it!

regards,
me

run your network from terminal

you are on kali anyway

remove network-manager, eddie, set eth0 to down

upon boot, edit resolve.conf, set your iptables to airvpn

and push your dns 10.5.0.1, use ssl/stunnel config

you might need to fix stunnel with this:

# rm /usr/bin/stunnel

# ln -s /usr/bin/stunnel4 /usr/bin/stunnel

# cd /etc/stunnel

# touch stunnel.conf

# nano stunnel.conf

cert=/path/to/pem

key=/path/to/key

ctrl+o, ctrl+x

# ifup eth0

# stunnel "awesomeairvpnserver.ssl" --auth-nocache

# openvpn --config "awesomeairvpnserver.ovpn" --auth-nocache

# ping -c 1 duckduckgo.com

i set my iface like this adjust for your needs:

# The loopback network interface

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

# the static shit for eth0

auto eth0

iface eth0 inet static

address 192.168.1.xxx

gateway 192.168.1.1

dns-nameservers 10.5.0.1

in the router i shut off dhcp on my side leave it on for my isp on their side

keeps me off the business account rates yet i still get the benefits of static on my

local, had the same damn external ip on 'dhcp' from them for years anyway

run my website on standalone box no problems, so anyone tells ya diff, i dunno works for

me anyway, plus do your mac filter shit if needed, hide yer essid if wifi if this is a wifi config

lemme know i'll post notes up on that that i got, how to connect with hidden essid or not hidden

assign your hostname if needed in the router

i like this config man it's stupid simple, no other apps needed, i hate network manager and will not have

a third party app whether opensource or not handle my comms, that's me, and i don't give a shit if anyone

else likes that or not, i like guis, nothing against them, just not needed on a pentest distro of all things either

take control of your net and local from kali, that's what it's built for, harden the thing up get rid of the cron

shit and sysv-rc-conf shut half that thing down upon boot, nothing worse walking into a job and having your

lappy calling out or update etc spreaden your info without you telling it to, to me, it's like pulling the battery

out of a phone AND pulling the sim card too, each their own tho

while yer at it, if you are on gnome 3 ditch that too, garbage desktop environment

get light, then push to full, then harden full, and make it only work through encryption to the wan

cheerz

cheerz

Thanks for this detailed suggestion man, awesome!

I'll definetly try it tonight...

I had the same problem and seemed to be related to the version of Eddie. I can confirm with 100% certainty that the latest version available today, Version: 2.11.15, fixes this issue.

Download the package https://airvpn.org/linux/

select:    /Linux/64/Debian/GUI/

(assuming of course that your VM is 64bit Linux; not sure why you would have a 32bit Linux though, at least in a VM. Check with   uname -r  )

Save the file, which will look like:    eddie-ui_2.11.15_linux_x64_debian.deb

open terminal

cd Downloads

gdebi eddie-ui_2.11.15_linux_x64_debian.deb

(if the above step does not work, then install gdebi with "apt-get install gdebi" , minus the quotes)

reboot

(after reboot, the AirVPN logo will be in your Internet folder)

(if the above step does not work, then install gdebi with "apt-get install gdebi" , minus the quotes)

People, let me give you an alternative without installing gdebi:

dpkg -i eddie-ui_2.11.15_linux_x64_debian.deb
apt-get -f install

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.