Not connected, Your IP: 3.226.254.255
Sign in to follow this  
IVleafclover

AirVPN automatically connects to new server after some hours

After I was using AirVPN for some hours without out a break.
I noticed, that AirVPN automatically has connected to a new server with another IP.
I missed the moment, when this happened and only saw the new IP adress in the AirVPN client some minutes later.
I wanted to ask if this is a normal behaviour and when this happens, is the server changed dynamically or is my notebook getting disconnected with the old server and reconnected with the new server, so that I lose the AirVPN connection for a small moment?

I had this also very often in the past - network lock + NOT choosing to connect to a recommended server should solve this problem.
If not: only whitelist servers, where you have no problem to switch between, or only whitelist one single server.

regards,
me

I wanted to ask if this is a normal behaviour and when this happens, is the server changed dynamically or is my notebook getting disconnected with the old server and reconnected with the new server, so that I lose the AirVPN connection for a small moment?

It is normal and works as @highchilled explained. If the server is changed it means you have already been disconnected for some reason, you can check the details under the logs tab. If network lock is on then no leaks will ever occur. I use whitelists of servers so I know which ones I might be connected to even if my original choice is lost for some reason. Another reason for using whitelists for me is so that I can control my own 'groups' of servers that any particular device can connect to.

This is actually something I would like to make happen with my pfSense firewall that is connecting to AirVPN - for the purposes of getting different external IP addresses.  Anyone know how to make this happen besides manually disconnecting/reconnecting?