Not connected, Your IP: 34.201.69.22

On the result page of on https://ipleak.net there is a referens to "AirVPN Exit Node".

1. What is an "AirVPN Exit Node"?
  2. Why does ipleak.net check for "AirVPN Exit Node", is it a security/privacy issue in some way?
  3. Who becomes an "AirVPN Exit Node"? And under which circumstances could/will this happen?
  4. What is the result/impact/downside of being an "AirVPN Exit Node"? Will it limit functionality/access or anything else that would be available otherwise?
  5. If being an "AirVPN Exit Node" is a "bad" thing, can it then be avoided?
  6. is there any documentation available on "AirVPN Exit Node"?

An exit node is simply the outgoing IP address of any particular AirVPN server. It isn't a part of any other company. It is the IP address that any site you connect to sees rather than the your real IP address which is a main objective of any such server. All Air's servers have just a single entry IP and a single (but different) exit IP, which further protects your connections.

It says AirVPN exit node because ipleak is run by AirVPN they know their own server IPs.

A numbered list! YES! It's a little silly of me to answer all of them. So here it comes.

1. As Mr. TobysNose and Ms. Embers wrote, it's just an AirVPN server.
  2. You can see it as an indicator whether you are connected to AirVPN.
  3. Since it's an AirVPN server, some IPs can become exits.
  4. IPs which are not exits are no AirVPN IPs and should be avoided haha
  5. It's not bad.
  6. That's a difficult one.......... Oh, wait. No, it isn't.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On my daily visit to ipleak.net today I noticed two changes to my normal results, and I'm wondering why this happened as I haven't changed any settings on my computer --

1. The box for Your IP Addresses and the one for DNS Address Detection have always shown the same result as each other, but today the IP Address one is the same as usual, while the DNS Address Detection one only contains about two dozen yellow triangles and a message when I hover the cursor over it - NO IP. Internal Error.

2. In the IP Details section the Tor Exit Node and the AirVPN Exit node have always shown the same result - red circles and No for both - but today the Tor one is still red/No and the AirVPN one is green/Yes.

I'm wondering what the reasons are for this sudden difference because as I say I have changed any settings. Can anyone help me understand, please.

On my daily visit to ipleak.net today I noticed two changes to my normal results, and I'm wondering why this happened as I haven't changed any settings on my computer -- 1. The box for Your IP Addresses and the one for DNS Address Detection have always shown the same result as each other, but today the IP Address one is the same as usual, while the DNS Address Detection one only contains about two dozen yellow triangles and a message when I hover the cursor over it - NO IP. Internal Error. 2. In the IP Details section the Tor Exit Node and the AirVPN Exit node have always shown the same result - red circles and No for both - but today the Tor one is still red/No and the AirVPN one is green/Yes. I'm wondering what the reasons are for this sudden difference because as I say I have changed any settings. Can anyone help me understand, please.

Hello!

Maybe this is why.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.