Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.142.115
TheDieselBoiler

Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial won't connect via network manager

Hello,

I have recently encountered problems with connecting to AirVPN via the network manager in ubuntu 16.04.

I followed the guide correctly and the gnome network manager plugin is installed and works correctly.

I have downloaded the correct configs and separate files, and everything is configured to work correctly.

When I use firefox or even ping www.google.com i get no response and firefox doesnt connect, even though i get a message that the VPN connection is established successfully.

Any fix for this? Could this be related to DNS issues or something ?

This fixed my problem too. But I am very confused. The .ovpn profile was working with one ISP for several days then today would not work with a different ISP until I enabled "LZO data compression" (I am using wireless hotspots). Why would LZO compression be required with one ISP and not another - could there be any reason, or did something change on the AirVPN side?

There's something I don't understand...

Isn't the problem with the .ovpn files you provide? comp-lzo is set to "no" although it is activated on the server. Shouldn't you set it to "yes"?

It seems the only problem in Network Manager is that it doesn't tell the user there is a problem with the config. I had this issue on my new pc with a fresh 16.04 install, although I had no issue with my older pc which was upgraded to 16.04, so I had a hard time figuring where the problem was...