Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.202.167
bitboy2016

How would I use my linux mint vm with my current win vista setup

Hello

Today I installed airvpn on my windows vista machine and so far everything seems to be working great. I also use TOR and google chrome. I installed the vpn because I need my privacy as all of us do. My question is after I get the mint vm installed, do I have to reinstall the vpn to work with mint? If I do will that harm my connection with my vista machine? I'm a noob and all of this is a bit confusing. Common sense tells me that after I install mint, I will have to install tor for linux , and what about this eddie client? If I'm using the vm shouldnt it still be able to use the vpn connection I currently have?

I had already installed and used Eddie and AirVPN on Windows 7. Set up Oracle Virtual Box and installed Linux Mint 18 from the ISO. And the IP networking in Mint "just worked" through the VPN without Linux really knowing about it. Magic.

One advantage of a VM setup is that it is easy for Linux not having to fuss about hardware drivers or network stacks on the host system.