Not connected, Your IP: 52.207.218.95

I'm trying to connect to a server, and no matter which one I chose, I'm unable to connect. Each time it just disconnects and tries again, which then fails. Rinse repeat.

Hello!

Do you have some logs to provide?

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

If you are at a restrictive WIFI area, use the eddie client, and change to a SSL connection.

Same here, no matter what combination of Eddie (2.10 or 2.11.3) and TUN driver 9.92 or 9.21.1 the client can't get past the "checking route" message, times out and tries to connect again. Happens with any server I have tried. This started about 3 days ago and I'm having the issue with Win 8.1 64bit but as well as Win 7 Pro 32bit computers. Currently AirVPN is useless for me, no connection can be established anymore.

Same problem here, since months and usually it occurs more frequently in the evening. I thinks there are some load issue with the servers. Luckily my membership will expire in 18 days, I'll search for a better solution. And I'm sorry to say this, because first 6 months were great!

Same problem here, since months and usually it occurs more frequently in the evening. I thinks there are some load issue with the servers. Luckily my membership will expire in 18 days, I'll search for a better solution. And I'm sorry to say this, because first 6 months were great!

Well by the sound of it, it doesn't seem like you've put much effort into solving it. Saying you've had the same issue and then like the OP, not providing much in the way of actionable information for us, is quite useless; since while you may feel you experience the same problem, your problem could have different causes from the OP and/or others in the thread.

I wish you luck finding a better service.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Maybe you are right, maybe I didn't put enough effort in solving the issue. But I have seen a lot of post related to the client get stuck while "checking route" and no real solution to this issue. Just FYI this is a post from April:

https://airvpn.org/topic/17342-checking-route-issue/?do=findComment&comment=39872

1. If you give us the chance to analyze your problem, we can try to solve it. After all, all we know is you've got some kind of problem and that route check failures can have multiple reasons. Let us determine what is yours - append your OpenVPN logs.
  2. Do not expect a community-driven forum to have all the answers to your problem. If it's not there, hell, post your logs and we create one!
  3. There's always the option to not use Air's client, all described in the Enter sections of every OS. The only real drawback is that you'd need to set up a custom Network Lock manually if you want to use this feature.
  4. If you give up on the first error you encounter, chances are very high you'll leave the next VPN provider as fast when you run into issues. Let me ask you this: Is it worth your time and especially your money to move to another provider, reconfiguring your network settings again? These are computers. They break, they recover, and break again, it's what they do unfortunately.
  5. Don't be like this..

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Maybe you are right, maybe I didn't put enough effort in solving the issue. But I have seen a lot of post related to the client get stuck while "checking route" and no real solution to this issue. Just FYI this is a post from April:

https://airvpn.org/topic/17342-checking-route-issue/?do=findComment&comment=39872

Hello,

just to make you notice that it's not true that there is "no real solution", and it's not true that the problem is common, since it affects about 1 Windows user out of 1000, which is excellent with a messed-up system like Windows (which can be messed-up simultaneously by Microsoft. by the machine manufacturer, and by the user himself/herself).

Route checking is an additional feature (which can be de-activated) that warns you when the traffic is not properly tunneled, so you should be grateful that a problem has been detected, for your own safety and security.

It's true that there is not a unique solution for all the cases, simply because the problem can be caused by various reasons. Anyway we have a series of suggestions which solve the problem 9 times out of 10. The essential steps to problem solving in this case are accepting that the problem can be in your system and learning how to let support team and community help you.

Kind regards

Hi,

I'm having the same Problem frequently inbetween. Using Ipad and Mac with Client.

On Mac I turned off the Route checking now it gets stuck with "Checking DNS". Trying to connect to british Servers.

Right now it is working again, but yesterday night and this morning, it didn't. Just wanted to say, that this problem ist real. and not only on Windows.

Kind regards

thanks all for the answers.

@giganerd As mentioned in my previous post, I already posted the Logs in the forum back in April, but with no luck. Not sure if those are the only logs available, but no idea where to look for. Open for suggestion, but the issue is still the same, the only difference is that the frequency is now really, really annoying. And no, I'll not be worried if someone logs in from Netherlands on mailbox :-)

@staff I'm using MacOS and noticed several posts from Mac users as well about this problem. I'm open to any possibility, and probably you are right when say that the issue in on my side. Do you have a link with such suggestions? I cannot find it and I would love to try! And I hope that you will be open as well to consider the possibility of an bug in the AirVPN client...

King regards

thanks all for the answers.

@staff I'm using MacOS and noticed several posts from Mac users as well about this problem. I'm open to any possibility, and probably you are right when say that the issue in on my side. Do you have a link with such suggestions?

We were talking about Windows. There is a specific bug (or a series of bugs) in OS X which makes things more confused. Try this, it's worth a test:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/16/fix-wi-fi-problems-mac-os-x-el-capitan/

The post for Windows is useless for you, anyway here it is for the Windows readers:

https://airvpn.org/topic/17037-cannot-log-on-to-any-servers/?do=findComment&comment=38862

I cannot find it and I would love to try! And I hope that you will be open as well to consider the possibility of an bug in the AirVPN client...

Give us a way to reproduce this behavior first. Until then, we must assume it's not an Eddie bug. This does not mean that Eddie is not bugged, just like any software. Have a look at the changelog to see the amount of bugs which have been fixed and surely more bugs will be discovered. But a bug is considered real only when it is reproducible. Mono is bugged as well, so this pragmatic but scientific approach is strictly necessary, otherwise we would be hunting ghosts and talking about the sex of angels, with effects that would impair or even stop Eddie development.

King regards

Same here, no matter what combination of Eddie (2.10 or 2.11.3) and TUN driver 9.92 or 9.21.1 the client can't get past the "checking route" message, times out and tries to connect again. Happens with any server I have tried. This started about 3 days ago and I'm having the issue with Win 8.1 64bit but as well as Win 7 Pro 32bit computers. Currently AirVPN is useless for me, no connection can be established anymore.

The recommendation from AirVPN staff lead to the solution. Seems some issue with my ISP and UDP. I can connect (but not always) UDP on port 53, so that protocol is not generally blocked by the ISP. 

I am using TCP on port 443 now and I can always connect reliably, and it's even pretty fast even for downloads, of course not as fast as UDP is. I will look into the ISP issue some more, but TCP works perfectly.

The recommendation from AirVPN staff lead to the solution. Seems some issue with my ISP and UDP. I can connect (but not always) UDP on port 53, so that protocol is not generally blocked by the ISP. 

I am using TCP on port 443 now and I can always connect reliably, and it's even pretty fast even for downloads, of course not as fast as UDP is. I will look into the ISP issue some more, but TCP works perfectly.

Same solution worked also here. Moving to the Experimental version of Eddie and selecting TCP on port 443 solved the connectivity issues. Finally enjoying a reliable VPN connection! Tnx all