Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.109.54
Sign in to follow this  
5xhs8i3o9v

All Traffic to AirVPN /Except/ Remote Desktop?

​Hi, I'd like to use AirVPN for all my traffic, but when I try to connect to another computer over RDP, the connection is too slow to operate. Is there a way to tunnel all my traffic through AirVPN ​except  for the RDP traffic? Do I just need to make it so 3389 TCP does not go to AirVPN? Is this possible? Thank you

it is possible with the Air client but it will be IP based rules, it is not possible to make port based rules.

Add your remote host to the routes list - outside the tunnel.

Thanks! Two follow-ups: (1) is there a way to figure out the IP(s) from just the URL I use (gateway.whatever.com)? (n other words, how do I know there is only one correct IP?) (2) Is there a way to confirm that my connection to the remote computer is indeed not via the VPN?

Just ping the hostname and you will see the correct IP.

To verify, you can connect to that server and then check with "netstat" what is the connection state, if you see your

server and port 3389, the route is outside of the tunnel.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Just ping the hostname and you will see the correct IP.

To verify, you can connect to that server and then check with "netstat" what is the connection state, if you see your

server and port 3389, the route is outside of the tunnel.

Many thanks! I'm not sure I can run netstat from the remote computer--it's not my network. Does that matter?

The netstat should be executed from the computer which you have the excluded route in place, the one that runs the Eddie VPN client.

Many thanks for your help, Zhang. One more thing if that's OK: I don't really know how to read netstat. I see lots of connections on it (both TIME_WAIT and ESTABLISHED) -- lots of foreign addresses (including ones with [my name]:[port], and some that are IP addresses, and some that are letters and numbers (in the format a53-41-133-54)). This is all with AirVPN connected. How can I tell that it is only AirVPN?

Think I figured out a different way--I turned on network locked (and confirmed I could not ping google.com, etc.), and tried connecting remotely and it connected. Anyway, thanks for the help! (Unrelated: because this topic is closed, should I delete it?)