Not connected, Your IP: 54.198.37.250

I'm on W10, having some speed issues with Eddie, and it doesn't matter the server.  I've tried UDP/TCP/SSH/SSL, and they all are slow compared to my usual speed.  I have a 180/10 connection that is rock solid without a VPN, but whenever I use Eddie/AirVPN, it drops to between 2-10 download and around 8 upload.  

Hello!

I don't know which client you're using, but you could try increasing the send and receive buffer sizes . You can check my guide for a list of troubleshooting steps too. You should also check out which TAP drivers you're running and see if you need to upgrade; try the sticky threads in the troubleshooting forum.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I'm using 2.11.3

I increased the buffer size to the max (512 KB), and I think the speeds improved a little bit, but not nearly the speed I get without a VPN.  I'm looking at ~20 down and ~10 up now, of my 180/10 connection.  Better but it should still be higher, in my opinion.  Any other settings I can try changing?  Your guide had some good info, but nothing that helps me specifically.  

Or is this the speed I can expect using a VPN?

It should be faster. Especially given AirVPNs infrastructure. Do you get such low speeds when you use the stable release as well?

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hi,

I've just made a speed test with Eddie 2.10.3 (NL-Server - UDP 443 - default settings) running on Win 10, too.

I have cable 100/6.

Could it be any better?

Never had any speed issues so far.

Greets

Mr. kiwi, you lose just 6% down/up, that's a fantastic result. You can be proud of yourself, your computer, your internet - and AirVPN.

Ah, wait. I see you hijacked the thread of someone else. Don't be proud of yourself.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I'm still having issues with speed.  I have been busy lately, and haven't been using the VPN to watch baseball, but with the postseason starting I am using AirVPN again.  The quality of the video is very blotchy and bad while using the VPN, but crystal clear during the times I disable the VPN and mlb.tv doesn't realize that I am in the blackout area for a while.  I changed the buffer sizes to both 256 and 512, I've used both stable and beta Eddie, I've using the most recent TAP driver, and the 2.9 one that is supposed to not be bugged on W10, I've tried MANY different servers, both in the US and in Canada.  Nothing seems to solve these problems.

Are you able to use another device in your network and see if the speeds are the same with that machine?

Yeah, I think it must have something to do with my router, since I'm seeing a similar dip in performance with my cell phone.  Are there any router settings I can try changing that might help this issue?

A cell phone is another device but not an equivalent one compared to a PC with a full-featured CPU. Try a real notebook set to max performance energy configuration and attached to power line to get the best results.

*Still* having speed issues.  I've been trying other things too.  Different protocols, different TAP driver versions, changing the buffer size, changing MTU values, changing other OVPN directives.

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=161028023332-2054.png  This is my speed test with AirVPN.

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=161028023429-681.png   This is my normal speed.

As you can see, this type of performance change is completely unacceptable.  I don't expect it to touch my original speed, but that sort of reduction can't happen.  I need someone from AirVPN to try to help me with these issues.  I appreciate community members offering me help, but none of the suggestions seem to be helping.

Hello

Please post the specs of your PC/Laptop. Did you choose a server close to your location?

I need someone from AirVPN to try to help me with these issues.  I appreciate community members offering me help, but none of the suggestions seem to be helping.

Hate to disappoint you but in this case it's the wrong place for you. These are the community forums where mostly community members are writing. Just because we didn't crack the nut yet does not mean we're unable to help at all; besides, you didn't provide logs for example to help you further.

But, yeah, direct contact to AirVPN is via the support ticket system.

Nobody asked me to post any logs.  Do I just post the log from Eddie?  I will put them in spoilers like you suggest, but I just don't know what logs exactly you want.

My specs are i7-6700k, 16 GB 3200 DDR4, Eddie/OS running on a fast SSD.  My rig should have zero issues doing the necessary work to run the software and do the encryptions.

Nobody asked me to post any logs.  Do I just post the log from Eddie?  I will put them in spoilers like you suggest, but I just don't know what logs exactly you want.

My specs are i7-6700k, 16 GB 3200 DDR4, Eddie/OS running on a fast SSD.  My rig should have zero issues doing the necessary work to run the software and do the encryptions.

When we speak of logs on this forum, we basically always mean logs from Eddie - unless you're using some other client of course. The logs can be found in the client itself, ready for copying.

Do you have access to another line from a different ISP? If so, try a connection with your cell phone or a notebook and see if you get similar results. I've got a feeling your ISP doesn't like VPN tunnels.