Not connected, Your IP: 107.23.157.16
soupy

Torrent sites you use

Hey everyone

Just wondering what torrent sites everyone uses or even if you us Usenet

Currently using hd-space, alpharatio & torrentleech all 3 are decent private trackers. I use duckie tv for auto downloading that uses zooogle or rarbg. 

Usenet - constant 1gbit speeds, no need for seeds - content always available, no need to upload anything, and no DMCA trolls.

Also from the technical point it is much easier and there are no hassle of port forwarding and other maintenance.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Usenet - constant 1gbit speeds, no need for seeds - content always available, no need to upload anything, and no DMCA trolls.

Also from the technical point it is much easier and there are no hassle of port forwarding and other maintenance.

does one need an invite to the usenet you use?

Hey everyone

Currently using hd-space, alpharatio & torrentleech all 3 are decent private trackers. I use duckie tv for auto downloading that uses zooogle or rarbg. 

I have an account with sceneaccess, iptorrents, revolutiontt, and torrentleech and use a seedbox at seedboxes.cc with autodl-irssi.

but these days I can record most of the shows I watch from terrestrial ATSC broadcasts.

and because I have faster internet at home now I'll probably drop the seedbox when the subscription runs out and may or may not keep using the private trackers.  I sort of like not having to worry so much about ratio.  good thing is my buffer is large enough I shouldn't have to worry for a while.

What.cd, x264 and AlphaRatio. It's enough for me. Also, Private Tracker's are much easier in my opinion. And they are free and there are no DMCA takedowns since nothing is hosted on the private tracker.

does one need an invite to the usenet you use?

Many of the most popular NZB-s that are not "obfuscated" get taken down via DMCA pretty quickly. Though I think they often get loaded back again later.

As a result there are private NZB indexes that index "obfuscated" NZB-s (who exactly generates them is not clear), for which there would be no other way to guess what is in them. And these private indexers can be as hard to get into as the most sought after private trackers.

Hey everyone

I have an account with sceneaccess, iptorrents, revolutiontt, and torrentleech and use a seedbox at seedboxes.cc with autodl-irssi.

but these days I can record most of the shows I watch from terrestrial ATSC broadcasts.

and because I have faster internet at home now I'll probably drop the seedbox when the subscription runs out and may or may not keep using the private trackers.  I sort of like not having to worry so much about ratio.  good thing is my buffer is large enough I shouldn't have to worry for a while.

Whats your ISP speed? Private trackers are good if you want content now but set up an auto system like to duckie doesn't matter if it takes a few hours runs while I am sleeping or at work.

Hey everyone

Whats your ISP speed? Private trackers are good if you want content now but set up an auto system like to duckie doesn't matter if it takes a few hours runs while I am sleeping or at work.

120 down / 11 up  mbit/s  Since I run a linux VM I'd try to get rtorrent/rutorrent running with autodl-irssi.  If I can't do that then I'll look at duckie.  Never heard of it before.

Hey everyone

120 down / 11 up  mbit/s  Since I run a linux VM I'd try to get rtorrent/rutorrent running with autodl-irssi.  If I can't do t ophat then I'll look at duckie.  Never heard of it before.

https://schizoduckie.github.io/DuckieTV/

Works great for tv shows

Hey everyone

120 down / 11 up  mbit/s  Since I run a linux VM I'd try to get rtorrent/rutorrent running with autodl-irssi.  If I can't do t ophat then I'll look at duckie.  Never heard of it before.

Works great for tv shows

How do you know this is not a honey pot? You have to dl and load some executable that tracks your torrents and god knows what else.

IPtorrent, torrentleech, hd-space, danishbits,  hdclub 

Using seedbox from seedboxes.cc

I use Usenet. I have for three decades now. It has changed much over the decades. But it is still by far the best method to obtain binaries for whatever content you seek.

If you are not already in with a good indexer, you have exactly zero change of getting in with them now. The trolls come in force and will continue attempting to destroy Usenet. And they will continue to fail because the good indexers are locked off and will not accept new members.

But there is an unwritten rule for Usenet. Basically if you use it, you do not tell anyone how you do.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Hey everyone

Works great for tv shows

How do you know this is not a honey pot? You have to dl and load some executable that tracks your torrents and god knows what else.

No different than sonarr, sickrage etc

I use Usenet. I have for three decades now. It has changed much over the decades. But it is still by far the best method to obtain binaries for whatever content you seek.

If you are not already in with a good indexer, you have exactly zero change of getting in with them now. The trolls come in force and will continue attempting to destroy Usenet. And they will continue to fail because the good indexers are locked off and will not accept new members.

But there is an unwritten rule for Usenet. Basically if you use it, you do not tell anyone how you do.

Do you need a vpn with usenet ?

first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club. 

Do you need a vpn with usenet ?

You do not. But it is not a bad idea. Layers of defense are much more potent than a single layer.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

As a result there are private NZB indexes that index "obfuscated" NZB-s (who exactly generates them is not clear), for which there would be no other way to guess what is in them. And these private indexers can be as hard to get into as the most sought after private trackers.

I wouldn't say zero. But it takes persistence. For an idea of what indexers may be good you could see this post on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/1y73ar/obfuscated_post_file_names_how_to_discover_content/cfioy0m

Of course that was two years ago. New good indexers do start up. From time to time even the best will open up for a day. It can be good to keep checking at reddit for invite offers here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UsenetInvites/

I suspect invites are harder to come by now than a year or two years ago.

I use a private tracker and usenet index with exactly 666 members: myself and my henchman known as goD, broken creator of the universes, who is currently inhabiting the remaining 665 simulacrums. It's a super-special club where you have no chance of getting in unless you joined before the beginning of time and we are REALLY REALLY SUPER-SPECIAL AND YOU CAN'T JOIN BECAUSE IT'S SO SPECIAL in case you wondered and nuh uh, we won't send out invites unless there are 666 solar eclipses happening at the same time as you sacrifice a goat chicken to the drowning eyes of baphomEt while whispering the word that will destroy the universes remembering to LEAVE OUT THE LAST SYLLABLE (hopefully), so nananananana. We are also using something called D6O6G6 to get all content from alternate (including the original one) universes whose timelines are currently ahead of ours (and behind, but since time destroys everything it doesn't matter so in hindsight that was redundant), unfortunately it's so special and secret I can't tell you more but it will reach you in 666 years (like tears in rain) unless you happen to blink first and alter the course of events, dooming this planet to its downfall long before that. You did in fact blink while reading this so it's all over now and all that's left is to wait for the void to swallow us all... soon. Now, excuse me while I have a bowl of Garmonbozia - I can hear the music has started to play and the fun is about to begin.

Hello !

I quite like extratorrent. But you go where you can find stuff, eh.

@FromtheWalls

What a surprisingly "off the wall" comment; considering your username lol.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

SceneAccess, TorrentLeech, TehConnection, Freshon.tv, morethan.tv, IPTorrents and some German trackers (TS, TN, Gods, BTF).