Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.65.189
jay2216

Connected to server, got hacked

I connected to a server in Hong Kong and immediately received notices that someone tried to enter all of my gmail accounts. I just thought I'd mention this to the community before I uninstall this and leave it forever. So much for security.

Installed on Linux mint 17.3 

Ta ta

We were all noobs once. No need to ridicule. Sometimes I wish I was a noob. I worry that I spend way too much time thinking about this crap. It might be nice to be more normal again.

It might be nice to be more normal again.

"What is normality?"

"What is home?"

"What are cows?"

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

We were all noobs once. No need to ridicule. Sometimes I wish I was a noob. I worry that I spend way too much time thinking about this crap. It might be nice to be more normal again.

I"m a prize noob myself. It wasn't the noobsterism that made me laugh.

LOL 

Almost surely this is irrelevant. The arrogance and the willingness to jump to conclusions made the original poster "ridiculed" by so many users. A message like the one from the OP is usually written by lamers and trolls, which might or might not be noobs.

Kind regards

This is not being noob, OP is jumping to conclusions, he didn't even take the time to ask a legitimate question to understand or try to figure out what was going on. OP is running LINUX, I don't understand how come someone with 0 knowledge or understanding of computer basics runs linux. something is a miss here...

They say "He who increases knowledge, increases sorrow" it's kinda true but at the same time I would rather have the knowledge, I don't wanna live a comfortable/easy lie because I'm ignorant.

To OP: assuming you are still here(which I kinda doubt) but, the e-mails you got from google, are sent by google because when you connected to a different country, google noticed that and sent you a message saying "someone tried to login to your account from Hong Kong, if it was you please ignore this e-mail". the person who logged into your accounts is you.  you might say but I didn't even enter my logins. let me tell you something, if you are already logged into google and you press "remember me", when you reload google/gmail/youtube etc it is already logged in because u selected remember me, then automatically google detects your new IP from a new country. so they send you an e-mail to inform you that you logged in from a new place that you never logged in from before.

it's not just Hong Kong, if you are from USA(just for example) and login from ANY other country u will get the same message. also keep in mind that many other services do the same, not just google. if you weren't trolling I hope you learned something today.

Also- it may show the wrong country.

I.e "you tried to log in from Egypt- was this you?" when you connect to lets say Latvian server.

No danger

This is not being noob, OP is jumping to conclusions, he didn't even take the time to ask a legitimate question to understand or try to figure out what was going on. OP is running LINUX, I don't understand how come someone with 0 knowledge or understanding of computer basics runs linux. something is a miss here...

Just because someone is using Linux doesn't mean he's skilled lol. Btw he's using Linux Mint. The most noob Linux ever. If he would've used Gentoo or maybe Arch I would've wondered how that can be possible.

I love how AirVPN always has a good attitude and great responses. 

No doubt the OP should of done some research before claiming they were hacked. If you change your password and have 2-step verification turned on, you'll be rock solid. yet nothing is bullet proof.

@okabekudu

no just because she uses Linux mint doesn't mean she is a noob. I use Pinguy OS, that would qualify as the most noob Linux. But yet I know enough Kali Linux commands to get me in trouble.