Not connected, Your IP: 34.201.122.150
TheDieselBoiler

Windows 10 Takes Screenshots and Sends Them to Redmond

I'm using windows 10 but haven't worked to confirm this.

I do note that the connection carrying the data is supposedly contacting report port UDP53, so made to look like DNS.  Did i see that correctly?

It was using port 53, but I think it is very possible this entire thing was faked. An executable was ran on the system that was called RSA Decryptor.exe and it was either not given a password at all, or the password was SS like they put in the command line for it. It generated two images masked as .bin files. They were in fact .png files.

I could right now make a quick and dirty self extracting archive with two images renamed to anything and set it to ignore whatever is put in the command prompt. That could easily duplicate the results.

But I am not saying this is not real. I am saying I see no concrete proof, and I will never see any because I use Linux.

RSA encryption and decryption always requires a passphrase. Unless the "SS" was the passphrase, they did not give one, and that alone would make this whole show a fake.

On a related note, the topic here specifically says these are being sent to Redmond. That is conjecture. No offense intended, but even the scum at Microsoft deserve an opportunity to defend themselves before being accused directly. Especially since the "evidence" is so questionable. If the tools used were posted as links for us to download and examine, then I would not doubt it so much. But they are not. That above all else is a telltale sign of the old "Smoke and Mirrors" trick used to deceive people.

Anyone who thinks this is real, get your priorities in line. Ditch Windows today and use any of a thousand different flavors of Linux or Unix. Do that before bothering to speculate about Windows being spyware. Otherwise, you only care about your privacy as a subject to talk about.

Good day everyone.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Anyone who thinks this is real, get your priorities in line. Ditch Windows today and use any of a thousand different flavors of Linux or Unix. Do that before bothering to speculate about Windows being spyware. Otherwise, you only care about your privacy as a subject to talk about.

To be fair even if people wanna go to Linux or Unix, some may not be able to for the simple reason that they play video games, some more than others(me, I play them excessively) and VERY few get linux support, if you wanna play games you are forced to use Windows, but that doesn't mean you don't care about privacy and take every step that can possibly be done when using windows to protect your privacy

To be fair even if people wanna go to Linux or Unix, some may not be able to for the simple reason that they play video games, some more than others(me, I play them excessively) and VERY few get linux support, if you wanna play games you are forced to use Windows, but that doesn't mean you don't care about privacy and take every step that can possibly be done when using windows to protect your privacy

I'm a PC gamer myself and that is why I use Windows 10, is primary for gaming and game support on Linux is sadly still very poor. I have a drive with Linux Mint on it and tried loading up Steam just to see less than 10% of my library is supported. Heck, 2013's Tomb Raider (not the new Rise of Tomb Raider) JUST got ported to Linux so yea, that speaks to the problem of Linux support in gaming in a nutshell. Also, some of the software I use on a daily basis is NOT available on Linux sadly. If most games supported Linux and Vulkan, and most of my software was on it, I'd be using Mint as a primary OS for sure.

Also, I think Windows 10 gets so much FUD and BS thrown at it that its insane. Like this video is for a PREVIEW version of Windows 10, not the actual retail copy. Preview/Beta copies of Windows usually have functions to report issues to Microsoft for bug reporting purposes. Also, I agree with Negro that it seems like the tools he's using seem dodgy at best and so is what he's showing. It screams smoke and mirrors and BS to me. But again, even if it was true, the fact alone this is a preview/beta copy of Windows 10 and not the retail copy is a huge caveat to this.

Either way windows 10 is still a massive spyware os and honeypot. If games are concerned i just dual boot to my windows install with all my games, it doesnt take up all that much space with my setup, as my daily driver debian is installed on ssd along with win7, and all games etc are installed to my hard drives.

Five years ago Linux did not have more than one in a hundred games released on it. Now Steam is on Linux, and game developers are finally starting to make Linux games. (Usually right alongside the Windows release of the same games.)

I am a gamer too, so I certainly understand that if the games you want are not there, you will not be there either. That is why I run a multiboot system with Linux Mint and Windows 7. For anything other than the games that will not work in Windows, I use Linux. Using it teaches you to fix all the little things that would irritate a newbie.

And since almost everything in Linux is open sourced, you can compile things for different purposes. more than one program was asking for privileges it did not need to run, and I recompiled them to never ask for that. (To be fair, my work is amateur at best, so some of the programs in question crashed on boot, but others worked. And I just found another option for the rest.)

But back to the topic. Windows 10 has too many exploitable things in it because MS did not care enough to polish this particular turd into something nice. I will never use it, not even if I have to give up gaming forever. And the biggest "surprise" MS has in store has yet to even be revealed to most users who did not bother to read what they agreed to when they installed it. (Many of you already know what I am talking about. The subscription instead of ownership thing.)

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

But back to the topic. Windows 10 has too many exploitable things in it because MS did not care enough to polish this particular turd into something nice. I will never use it, not even if I have to give up gaming forever. And the biggest "surprise" MS has in store has yet to even be revealed to most users who did not bother to read what they agreed to when they installed it. (Many of you already know what I am talking about. The subscription instead of ownership thing.)

Don't get me wrong, even as a gamer I'll NEVER touch Windows 10 in this lifetime I am highly against it, all the windows 10 exclusives that were made I said No, ain't happening. But now they are releasing Quantum break on steam and it can run on windows 7 and up, so Microsoft is starting to see their windows 10 exclusive crap is a flop

Just separate your "gaming platform" from the working environment, physically if possible, and then it won't actually matter

what Windows sends back to Redmond or even to Fort Meade.

Shouldn't be that hard with modern hardware platforms.

You really should not complain about Windows 10 policy, after all you agreed to the privacy policy, whether you took your

time to actually read it or not. They clearly explained that they can, and will, take any information from -their- software, as

long as you use it. So this is all very fair, you don't own the OS, you own a temporary license which grants possible future

improvements based on your feedback. If you want to opt out from it, you should buy Win10 Enterprise license.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

.. you agreed to the privacy policy, whether you took your

time to actually read it or not.  ...If you want to opt out from it, you should buy Win10 Enterprise license.

They could put whatever they like in the T&C's such as 'you must wear a silly hat in bed', it certainly would not mean I would comply or agree with anything, just that I wanted to upgrade and had no choice but to tick the box. It goes against what most of us here stand for surely? Some people can't afford an Enterprise licence and why should anyone to be forced to compromise their privacy just because they want to run software that is unfortunately going to be the popular or default choice?

I think we have every right to complain/comment and to do whatever we can to defend our stand point.

.. you agreed to the privacy policy, whether you took your

time to actually read it or not.  ...If you want to opt out from it, you should buy Win10 Enterprise license.

They could put whatever they like in the T&C's such as 'you must wear a silly hat in bed', it certainly would not mean I would comply or agree with anything, just that I wanted to upgrade and had no choice but to tick the box. It goes against what most of us here stand for surely? Some people can't afford an Enterprise licence and why should anyone to be forced to compromise their privacy just because they want to run software that is unfortunately going to be the popular or default choice?

I think we have every right to complain/comment and to do whatever we can to defend our stand point.

You do have a right to complain but you gotta remember even if you didn't wanna read the Terms and such for windows 10 you still had to accept them and it is all over the internet how invasive windows 10 is, so going in you have to remember and accept what you agreed to. That being said there isn't really anything windows 10 exclusive besides DX12 which only games published by microsoft is exclusive to, and even then take Quantum break which is being released with DX11 on steam because they realized the whole DX12 only is a dead end for them, which I personally knew was gonna happen.

I have not installed Win 10 by the way and never will on any current systems. I dual boot and use Mint 18 for everything apart from gaming, Win 7U bare bones for gaming. I always read the T&C's, mainly to see what it is I am not going to adhere to!

AirVPN T&C's excluded of course

Even on W7, Microsoft seem to be up to various creepy creepings with updates. And going to cumulative all or nothing updates. And ever expanding "telemetry", supposedly for W10 compatibility or customer satisfaction.

So I have installed

https://safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon

which is an awkward name from a French site.

Also, this comment is coming from Linux Mint in a VirtualBox which I am currently setting up, on my Windows7 ThinkPad laptop.

This allows web browsing including financial transactions, torrenting, etc which is better protected from MS or other spyware and malware, including an encrypted filesystem. But MS only software can still run concurrently without a system reboot.

Seems to be working okay, so far,  the VM uses the W7 Eddie AirVPN/openvpn without any fuss at all.

Micro$oft is clearly trying to move to a cloud based subscription service. I am NOT NOT NOT interested in that invasive, insecure, privacy violating, ensnaring business model! I've never used Linux, but I'm starting to learn enough to set up a secured bare metal os, then run Win 7  or other os in virtual machines.

F'ing MS and Intel have announced that Intel's next gen chip Kaby Lake, will Not run any Windows but Win 10...a very HUGE middle finger to them both. We'll see if they can make that stick...Win XP and 7 still have nearly 70% installed world market share.

It was revealed that Microsoft sends encrypted images of the user's desktop back to Redmond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzj9ujUrQM

This video decrypts the screenshot data and shows images of the users desktop.

Still considering Windows 10?

​Windows 10 is a virus behind your firewall  

Don't use Windows 10 - It's a privacy nightmare

Microsoft introduced a lot of new features in Windows 10 such as Cortana. However, most of them are violating your privacy.

1. Data syncing is by default enabled.

• Browsing history and open websites.

• Apps settings.

• WiFi hotspot names and passwords.

2. Your device is by default tagged with a unique advertising ID.

• Used to serve you with personalized advertisements by third-party advertisers and ad networks.

3. Cortana can collect any of your data.

• Your keystrokes, searches and mic input.

• Calendar data.

• Music you listen to.

• Credit Card information.

• Purchases.

4. Microsoft can collect any personal data.

• Your identity.

• Passwords.

• Demographics.

• Interests and habits.

• Usage data.

• Contacts and relationships.

• Location data.

• Content like emails, instant messages, caller list, audio and video recordings.

5. Your data can be shared.

• When downloading Windows 10, you are authorizing Microsoft to share any of above mentioned data with any third-party, with or without your consent.

this is from my favorite site https://www.privacytools.io/ you will find lots of tools that can help you fight for your privacy

​There where I found AIRVPN