Not connected, Your IP: 44.206.227.65
Trajic

Why no scores for some servers in Eddie?

Only the Canadian servers ever seem to have scores calculated for them.  Are the US servers so bad that no score will show up in the list?  This is a typical server listing that I see.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that but still no scores for the US servers.  See image.  I am located in California.  This has forever been the case in Eddie, and I have been using AirVPN for about 3 years.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that but still no scores for the US servers.  See image.  I am located in California.  This has forever been the case in Eddie, and I have been using AirVPN for about 3 years.

well, your image shows the scoring rule as speed still.  is that intended?

Yeah, sorry about that.  I switched it back.  Here is the corresponding sort with latency.

Yeah, sorry about that.  I switched it back.  Here is the corresponding sort with latency.

your scoring rule is still at speed.  look at the bottom of the window.  change scoring rule to latency.

OK, I found it. Now I am getting scores for the US servers.  Thanks.

I still wonder why the Canadian servers are better on speed.

OK, I found it. Now I am getting scores for the US servers. Thanks.

Hello !

This is because geographic proximity doesn't guarantee greater speed, since your ISP might have better connections and/or deals with ISPs located in other countries. It's not because Air purposely makes some servers higher quality than others. But as is common with networking, there's many potential factors

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello !

This is because geographic proximity doesn't guarantee greater speed, since your ISP might have better connections and/or deals with ISPs located in other countries. It's not because Air purposely makes some servers higher quality than others. But as is common with networking, there's many potential factors

This is true but has nothing to do with the topic in this thread.  Eddie scores based on the info it receives regarding the servers and your latency to each server.  But, Eddie has no way to know which server is actually faster for you.  That has to be tested by the user. 

I believe they configure Eddie in a manner so that by default USA users use Canadian servers.  I can't think of another reason why USA servers would get 0 stars with speed as the scoring rule.

Hello !

This is true but has nothing to do with the topic in this thread.  Eddie scores based on the info it receives regarding the servers and your latency to each server.  But, Eddie has no way to know which server is actually faster for you.  That has to be tested by the user. 

I believe they configure Eddie in a manner so that by default USA users use Canadian servers.  I can't think of another reason why USA servers would get 0 stars with speed as the scoring rule.

Yes, I noticed that. If I chose Canada and US in the country list in Eddie and chose automatic chose the best servers, it always chose Canadian servers. For me, the best servers are located in the East USA not in Canada. I get worse speed with canadian servers. How Eddie chose the better server for the user?

It does the same exact thing for me.  The "best servers" for me are actually in Atlanta from where I am.  If I select United States in Eddie and have it connect automatically to the best server, I'll always connect to Atlanta, which is like 20ms latency for me (super awesome).  But if I leave it on worldwide, it always connects me to Canada as my "best server".  I still get decent speeds, but my latency is more like 50ms.