Not connected, Your IP: 44.199.212.254
mehāniskākaravīrs935

Every Machine on Earth to be openly accessible to the US Government by December First. Are you worried?

So folks, it has come to this. I am not sure if it is fearmongering or a legit thing to be concerned with, but according to this new legislation the US Government will be able to to freely infiltrate any device in the world they feel like they need/want to look at. Personally i believe they, along with every other intelligence agency has been doing it the whole time, now its just legal on paper. Honestly, if i were the worlds largest intelligence agency who wanted to see whatever i wanted whenever i wanted from anyone at any time, i would just install malware/spyware on every machine on earth; firstly to make every machine unsecured (by me at least) and "leave the door open", then i would have it send user information to a government database that would include things such as full web history, encryption keys, full key logging, types of software used, ip addresses used by the computer and ip addresses the computer connected to. But hey, thats just a theory.

Anyways, what do you think this new law implys for the future of worldwide surveilance, and do you think it could go down this slippery slope?

TL;DR: If the US Government is so adamant about wanting to be muckraker cunts and hoard all the data on Earth, why beat around the fucking bush? I know exactly why, as long as people don't know about their lives being intruded upon, they will not be afraid of surveillance and will not fight back against the NSA simply because of the "at least its not me" argument, when in reality, it IS them, its everyone.

Sure it's disconcerting. However, the judge will still need evidence to back the warrant to grant permission to the authorities to do this. Plus it still has to pass the U.S. Congress. So, we will see what happens. 

WOW!!!!

I built a secret wall to hide/protect my:

1) 2 AR-15

2) sawed off shotguns

3) 2 40 caliber Smith and Wesson

4) RPG

Just for the zombie apocalypse.

Now, I have to build a panic room to protect my special computers.

I am going to be busy these next few months.

WOW!!!!

1) 2 AR-15

2) sawed off shotguns

4) RPG

Don't need a wall, just AES-256 Full Disk Encryption on all drives and you need to have it permanently disconnected from the internet. Sadly for 99% of people including myself the latter isnt something i am willing to put myself through, which is why we try to dampen the vulnerability of our data with services like these. Thanks to the US Government, disconnecting your internet completely may be the only way to prevent data monitoring in the future, as well as files being passed on by hand with encrypted USB drives.

SOS, it doesn't have to pass Congress. Congress would have to act to stop it. "Rule 41 will become a law in December if the U.S. Congress doesn't take any legislative action against it." Getting the dysfunctional Congress to pass anything useful is frequently impossible. I'd be really surprised to see them respond to this and certainly not by December. Hope I'm wrong.

WOW!!!!

1) 2 AR-15

2) sawed off shotguns

4) RPG

Don't need a wall, just AES-256 Full Disk Encryption on all drives and you need to have it permanently disconnected from the internet. Sadly for 99% of people including myself the latter isnt something i am willing to put myself through, which is why we try to dampen the vulnerability of our data with services like these. Thanks to the US Government, disconnecting your internet completely may be the only way to prevent data monitoring in the future, as well as files being passed on by hand with encrypted USB drives.

​I don't like full disk encryption but I love AES-256 veracrypt container with hidden partition , but anyway 

​ENCRYPT ENCRYPT ENCRYPT double triple  if you have to use strong password at least 18 character. Keep your passwords OFFLINE

​Government is loosing control :) good for its citizens. When government loosing control they are destroying status cool. Status col is the only thing that keep them in power. People WAKING UP and when they do they starting to ask questions. Don't understand me wrong I am not against any government, but it is not the government that want your privacy out of your control it is the people in the shadow. by encrypting everything you are helping your government to take back control.