Not connected, Your IP: 44.192.247.185
Kepler_452b

The Politics and Technology of Information Control

The Politics and Technology of Information Control

Well at OmniNegro's suggestion, I thought I'd start a new thread dealing with the Politics and Technology of Information Control. Those who have been paying attention know that governments and corporations have been trying for more than twenty years to lock down the new information technology so that people are limited or feel limited in communicating openly. They have tried to ban encryption (think PGP), install backdoors and surveillance in hardware and software, and lock people out of using the devices they have purchased in any ways that they, as owners, should rationally have every right to. The surveillance capabilities of governments and corporations is terrifying, already making it a gargantuan task for users to try to hang on to a little privacy which should be a legally and forcefully guaranteed human right. As a place to start the discussion I'd recommend watching the Youtube segment:

Cory Doctorow: „How to break the Internet, destroy democracy and enslave the human race (or not)" (

),  or  

"How to break the Internet: Cory Doctorow at TEDxOxbridge" (
),  or

any of the talks by Cory Doctorow.

I hope this becomes a place for us to share information on this very broad and very important topic. Lets learn from each other! Welcome!   

How we give away ower internet life’s to governments and the googles .

Look at techsnap 277:http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/101521/internet-power-struggle-techsnap-277/

Sneier on security "feudal security":https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2012/12/feudal_sec.html

The red line through it all:stay away from big the companies as much as possible and knowledge is power.( don`t be lazy.)

Gr,casper

This post comes from another thread. It is unedited, right down to the suggestion of making this thread. So please disregard that part.

I do not know of any political party that ever had a chance in any election that is not corrupt to the core. If you think I am full of shit, look into it. Really look into it.

Most politicians are one or more of murderers, liars, rapists, racists, torturers, and as hard as it may be to believe, worse than any of that. Some of these people can, would, and may actually have raped, tortured, and eaten a toddler or ten.

I do not draw party lines, because there is zero difference besides the bullshit they like to say about one-another. I do not mention any names, because there are no good names.

Career politicians = the people who would make Hitler look good at his worst moments. Exactly none of them have your best interest in mind, not even as a talking point they will never bother with once elected. They all want to be tyrants and lock down the entire Internet, and effectively bring us back to the mid 1800s level of idiocy. No exceptions.

Now if we really want to discuss this nonsense, we should start a new thread for it, so we can continue with the actual subject here. And I will gladly move my post there if one should exist.

Good day everyone.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Last weekend EFF took part in the Eleventh Hackers On Planet Earth (HOPE) conference. Cory Doctorow gave the keynote address. Be prepared to listen quickly, his talk is very idea rich. Its a long and very informative overview of current security and legal issues related to internet freedom, drm, cyber freedom/security, DCMA 1201, etc. and is frequently lightened with lol comments....brilliant!

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/08/eff-eleventh-hope