Not connected, Your IP: 3.234.253.152

Hello, why hasn't AirVPN expanded its servers into South America? The only thing i can assume is shitty costs, laws or both. If it were possible it could help North Americans find an international alternative without sacrificing too much ping (Mexico?). Canada is great and all but their attempts at data retention could presumably get worse over the years. Long story short i am trying to find a way to get a low ping server out of the country without resorting to US and Canada servers (UK is pretty much as bad as the US when it comes to mass surveillance)

TL;DR: Gonna tell you what i want and i want you to tell me why it cant be done

There are almost no reliable datacenters there which are not owned by U.S. companies or have their traffic routed via U.S.

None of them provide unmetered Gbit speeds as well at the moment.

There is Softlayer presence in Mexico and Brazil, but it's 100% U.S. company the same as connecting to a U.S. server.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

There are almost no reliable datacenters there which are not owned by U.S. companies or have their traffic routed via U.S.

There is Softlayer presence in Mexico and Brazil, but it's 100% U.S. company the same as connecting to a U.S. server.

That sucks, you said almost none, so is there a few out there that do meet AirVPN requirements? Personally i feel bad for anyone who uses the service from South America, closest server is in the US and you would still most likely get 100+ ms ping

Same latency will be for users from Africa, Middle East and most of Asia and Oceania.

That still doesn't mean that general speeds will be poor.

In fact only a small number of users need low latency, mostly for corporate applications,

like real-time trading, and they don't use VPN for that purpose.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I would like to see this service as well. There are competitors that do provide Buenos Aires and São Paulo servers but Airvpn's policy transparency is keeping me loyal thus far. Please see what can be done to expand services to this area. At best, latencies are around 150ms to the Miami cluster from central Argentina.

I would like to see this service as well. There are competitors that do provide Buenos Aires and São Paulo servers but Airvpn's policy transparency is keeping me loyal thus far. Please see what can be done to expand services to this area. At best, latencies are around 150ms to the Miami cluster from central Argentina.

Feel free to post about those "competitors". We would like to hear some input.

For some reason, I believe those "competitors" are cheating customers with fake IP locations and poor bandwidth.

Personally I would love to be proven wrong - since the prices vs. performance in LACNIC region now is below any expectation.

Also, LACNIC is the only RIR with too many IPv4 still remain unused. While RIPE used half of their last /8 block (185.xx).

If you ask me personally, the Internet is not exactly a priority in Latin America. At least not for the next few years.

They are the only region with almost 10 million free IPv4s left.

Sorry to revive a dead thread. But many new servers introduced in recent months have been from M247 which is a UK company in Manchester. Would using these servers constitute the same risk level as a server in the UK?