Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.16.90
Clodo

[project] Windows Pocket Firewall

Pocket Firewall for Windows (Vista and above, no XP)

• Doesn't require any driver installation
  • Portable
  • Pocket,
  • Safe, absolutely not OS invasive: if you brutally kill the process, rules are cleaned (persistent mode not yet implemented).
  • Requires Administrator privileges
  • Requires .NET 4 (at the moment)
  • 32 bit and 64 bit edition
It is not needed for Network Lock, IPv6 block or DNS Lock with Eddie (AirVPN client). Eddie 2.11 (currently under experimental phase) that already has it built-in.

It was born to study whether we can avoid the dependencies between Eddie (AirVPN Client) and Windows Firewall for the Network Lock / IPv6 lock / DNS lock features. 

There are a lot of improvements that can be done (viewer/editor of rules running on the system, persistent rules across boot, etc).

I think it can be an interesting community project, a free and open source alternative to expensive firewall software.

I released all source-code on GitHub (under GPLv3). 

Download v0.1: 32 bit , 64 bit

Hello !

I tried it and it's a cool little program . Well done.

Thank you for putting it together.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

So this just set windows firewall rules? Or does this also work on computers where the windows firewall is turned off (replaced by a third party firewall) ?

So this just set windows firewall rules? Or does this also work on computers where the windows firewall is turned off (replaced by a third party firewall) ?

This software doesn't use Windows Firewall (can be turned off), and doesn't touch anything in the OS.

I have not yet tested what happens if used with a third-party firewall like Comodo. Probably Pocket Firewall takes the precedence due to priority weight on WFP.