Not connected, Your IP: 34.205.2.207
LZ1

How You Can Help AirVPN + [Styleguide]

Hello !

​Some have asked me how they can help out.

How To Help AirVPN Succeed

So here's some ways I propose how:
  •     ​Help new people. It's very easy to feel intimidated, due to the high level of technical knowledge displayed. Especially by the l33t Staff account.
  •     ​But don't just help them. Make them feel welcome. A very complex solution to this, is to say "Welcome" when they post their first posts.
  •     How about posting your review of AirVPN; a nice good solid long review, telling others how AirVPN is so good you want to visit Italy, etc. etc.
  •     ​Post your "logs" in spoiler tags, when you need help with something. See my signature for how to do so. Some logs are super long, so it helps.
  •     Ask & discuss the features of other VPNs & help make us all smarter. Where did you come from? Where are you going? What is love? etc.
  •     ​Make a guide/how-to about something you care about. Heck, even if it's just a nice index of useful programs/software, for instance.
  •     Post comments on review sites & tell them why they're wrong! Lol no, just use facts instead;) . Be charming & factual, like Zorro!
  •     Video reviews are especially great, as the ones which are highest on the youtube lists I'm seeing, are like your kindergarten pics! ANCIENT!
  •     ​Go to your Client Area and use your "Referral" code to invite more friends to the service & profit from it yourself too. Can't let Air get lonely!
  •     ​Go to threads like this & see if you can contribute with a new language or spread the word about it. Got any Arabic-speaking friends hmm?
  •     ​Answer questions that you're able to answer, in all of the sub-forums. With time, you become more knowledgeable .
  •     ​Find projects that you think Air should support.This way, your Air sub helps many more projects! Make sure they are in-line with Airs "mission".
  •     Help AirVPN test out new versions of their software.
  •     ​Be creative and find positive ways to add to the service; I'll be the first to admit Air doesn't give many tips lol. So don't feel bad.

​​

​​

How To Make Your Forum Posts More Appealing(Mini Styleguide)

Why is presentation important? Because this is a technical forum. So we read a lot. It's easier to get help, solve a problem & share knowledge when things are presented well.

All codes on this forum, usually at least, follow the same formula: there's a "start" tag and an "end" tag. End tags are showed by a slash: /.

​Remember to close things off correctly, or it can ruin your entire post, if you forget either a [ or a ] character.

​Note: When you want to make an index, you currently have to "Reserve" a spot, by posting blank posts to your own guide, so that you can link to these posts after you finish editing them. This way, you can eventually create an index. Very useful if your guide or post is very long.

Some useful codes:

​Links can be long, ugly, annoying & broken by linebreaks. So make it easy for everyone by making clickable words. Critical for a stylish guide & helpful posts. You can link directly to individual posts by clicking the # in the top right corner of the post you want to copy. Just click and then copy the link.

[url=https://airvpn.org/]This can be clicked[/url]
​[url=https://airvpn.org/topic/18339-guide-to-getting-started-links-for-advanced-users/?p=43734]This links to my other guide[/url]

​Result:

​Style headings in your posts, for much-better-looking management of paragraphs. It doesn't go past h3.

[h1=This Is The Biggest Heading][/h1]
[h2=This Is The Second Biggest Heading][/h2]
[h3=This Is The Third Biggest Heading][/h3]

​Result:

This Is The Biggest Heading

This Is The Second Biggest Heading

This Is The Third Biggest Heading

​These tags are the most flashy available on the forums and are naturally excellent at bringing attention to the most important things.

​[info]Did you know Eddie likes to read logs?[/info]
​[warning]Warning! If You mention Netflix One more time...[/warning]
​[error]Error! AirVPN can no longer handle "ICANN"s nonsense[/error]

​Result:

Did you know Eddie likes to read logs?

Warning! If You mention Netflix One more time...

Error! AirVPN can no longer handle "ICANN"s nonsense

Spoiler Alert! This is the most holy of the holy tags in existence. The mighty spoiler tag! Used to not spoil your viewers mood both during guides & when you post a 3 page logfile.

​[spoiler]This has been spoiled[/spoiler]

Result:

This has been spoiled. Omg spoilerception!

​​

The rightbox is useful for adding information which perhaps isn't critical or which is perhaps especially interesting, info-box style.

[rightbox]This box is right. You're not. [/rightbox]

​Result:

This box is right. You're not.

​​

​The hr, horizontal-rule, is a special tag which isn't closed. It's good for breaking things up, as I've been doing. It's also especially boring.

[hr]

Result:

​​

​Other Formatting & Posting Tips:

• ​Use lists like this one. Either bulleted or not. You click the button in the interface, under the "Font" and "Size" buttons. To the left of the smiley.
  • ​Right above the place you "Attach Files", you can click on "View Auto Saved Content", in case you need to reload something you lost.
  • ​In the top right corner, you can check a box that lets you Follow your own topic. But you can also make a poll.
  • ​Under the smiley in the interface, you can click the <> sign. Then in the biggest box, you can write code, so that others can see it while its inactive, like in this guide.
  • ​On the same line as the Smiley, in the inteface, there's a button next to "Font" on the left, called "Special BBcode", that you can refer to, for more codes.
  • ​If a piece of text is a part of a link, you can unlink it and make it normal text again, by clicking the "unlink" button, to the left of the <> code button, in the interface.

I'll give a medal or something to the first person who can make the Staff account "lol" publicly.

Quantum computing is possible, so this must be too!

​Do you have any other ideas? If so, please feel free to post them :].

​Questions are always welcome. Don't be afraid of asking!  *^__^*

​Thank you!

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thank you for compiling this.
I'd say, the complete "Mini Styleguide" is more suited for those writing some form of guide. For general posts it's really not necessary.

Post comments on review sites & tell them why they're wrong! Lol no, just use facts instead;) . Be charming & factual, like Zorro!

I do not recommend this. They will say "eewww, AirVPN's got their paid shills, I thought they are genuine", there's no denying. Many people having a sense of anonymity are prone to exaggerate with accusations and conspiracy theories on the internet.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks. Yes it's more suitable for guide-writers, although I just wanted a place where some of the code was displayed - I couldn't find it previously . While I can see your point, I did mean it as a joke; although I'm sure such people will say anyone is a paid shill, whoever they mention lol. But the factualness is a reference to posting on old reviews of AirVPN or pointing out that just because provider X offers "more protocols" like PPTP, it doesn't necessarily mean it's better. For instance when a guide that still gets comments wrties that AirVPN only allows 1 connection per account or something. Then it would be nice if someone posted a correction and told them it's 3 connections, as of 2016 . Thanks for your input.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

For instance when a guide that still gets comments wrties that AirVPN only allows 1 connection per account or something. Then it would be nice if someone posted a correction and told them it's 3 connections, as of 2016

Sure, but to create an account just to write this is one tiny step too far, I think.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.