Not connected, Your IP: 3.22.119.251
after_lunch

Project Honey Pot Blacklisting AirVPN Exit IP Address

Two sites I visit regularly, and which are apparently hosted on CloudFlare, yesterday started to require Captchas.

I googled some advice on the subject, following which I visited CloudFlare Support - after I'd solved yet another captcha!

One of the potential causes identified by CloudFlare was:

"The IP address you are on has shown problematic activity online recently in one of our data sources. If you would like to look your IP up, then please look your IP up at Project Honey Pot. If the IP address shows data for malicious activity, you can see why there. You can also attempt to whitelist your IP directly on that page by connecting from that IP."

So I looked up my exit IP address, and found it was listed as a suspected content spammer!

"82.145.37.203. The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP address consistent with that of a comment spammer. Below we've reported some other data associated with this IP. This interrelated data helps map spammers' networks and aids in law enforcement efforts. If you know something about this IP, please leave a comment."

I tried whitelisting the IP Address, and got the message:

"Whitelist IP: 82.145.37.203

82.145.37.203 has been whitelisted 5 time(s) and delisted 4 time(s)

Whitelist status: This IP was whitelisted, but has since been reverted due to detected bad activity. It was reverted on July 14, 2016 11:47 PM PDT.

Whitelist delay: 00:52:05 (hours:minutes:seconds)"

I've bookmarked the Project Honey Pot search page, and the first task now, after AirVPN loads - it starts with Windows - is to check whether my assigned exit IP address has been blacklisted, and, if necessary, to connect to a different server to try to get a "clean" address. Is there a simpler way round this problem? And should I leave a comment on Project Honey Pot, as they ask, or is it better to say nothing?

And should I leave a comment on Project Honey Pot, as they ask, or is it better to say nothing?

A sense of anonymity makes people do things they normally don't. Just switch servers. And no, a comment won't do the trick because, VPN. For some, it's an argument enough to block an IP address for eternity

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks, giganerd. I will follow your advice. I've found a server on my whitelist (my country's servers only) which is squeaky clean at the moment, so I'll stay with that one unless/until it turns "bad".

whitelist (my country's servers only)

Bear in mind, if the server is in your country it does not necessarily mean you get best performance! Your traffic often is routed through other providers in other countries, lowering performance.

I use a Kitalpha in Switzerland and Phoenicis in Romania, they're faster than all the german servers because my ISP's got a direct BGP route to both of them.

Thanks again, giganerd. Ever since I joined AirVPN, about a month ago, my download manager has been reporting top speeds which are not far short of the maximum I can expect from my broadband service. If that changes, or if I think I need to do better, I'll run some tests on other servers. I moved here from HideMyAss, so at the moment, I'm still at the "Wow, this is amazing..." stage.

I moved here from HideMyAss, so at the moment, I'm still at the "Wow, this is amazing..." stage.

You know... everyone from there is amazed.. always..

Thanks again, giganerd. Ever since I joined AirVPN, about a month ago, my download manager has been reporting top speeds which are not far short of the maximum I can expect from my broadband service. If that changes, or if I think I need to do better, I'll run some tests on other servers. I moved here from HideMyAss, so at the moment, I'm still at the "Wow, this is amazing..." stage.

Hello !

AirVPN cannot guarantee that you won't permanently reside in that stage, so if you need help with that, you're out of luck!

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.