Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.126.232
Staff

Eddie 2.11beta available

This new version is gorgeous. I see there is a font changer too! Not sure how to use it or if it works yet (mine is greyed out) but glad it is being implemented. Can't wait for the gtk 3 version. Thanks guys and great job.

@UncleHunto

For me (Arch Linux) I had to launch it like this from the command line:

"sudo ~/Documents/Scripts/airvpn"

Where the script is (username being my username): 

" mono /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe --path=/home/username/.airvpn "$@" "

Also, if you want to launch without a password with sudo (not the best security practice but I don't mind it) you can sudo visudo and add (you can get hostname from command "hostname"):

" username hostname=NOPASSWD:  /home/username/Documents/Scripts/airvpn "

But either way just launch like this and it should be fine from the command line:

" sudo mono /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe --path=/home/username/.airvpn "$@" "

Hope that helps at all.

This new version is gorgeous. I see there is a font changer too! Not sure how to use it or if it works yet (mine is greyed out) but glad it is being implemented. Can't wait for the gtk 3 version. Thanks guys and great job.

@UncleHunto

For me (Arch Linux) I had to launch it like this from the command line:

"sudo ~/Documents/Scripts/airvpn"

Also, if you want to launch without a password with sudo (not the best security practice but I don't mind it) you can sudo visudo and add (you can get hostname from command "hostname"):

" username hostname=NOPASSWD:  /home/username/Documents/Scripts/airvpn "

But either way just launch like this and it should be fine from the command line:

" sudo mono /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe --path=/home/username/.airvpn "$@" "

Hope that helps at all.

@hungryghost my airvpn-beta-bin package uses the bash script included with the airvpn experimental installable package, which contains the command:

mono /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe --path=$HOME/.airvpn "$@"

so running

/usr/bin/airvpn

or even, simply

airvpn

from the command line will launch said bash script and essentially run the same command you referred to here:

When using mono 4.0.4.1, the behavior is, I launch airvpn by clicking the icon in the start menu or the taskbar, which brings up a prompt for my password (not in a terminal window). After entering my password, eddie launches (without any terminal windows accompanying it). The default command of the AirVPN start menu button, is just

/usr/bin/airvpn

without sudo, and "Launch in Terminal" is not checked by default, so the password prompt is not in a terminal, and you have no terminal window left open. The behavior when using mono 4.4.0.40 (with sudo added to the launch command, and "Launch in Terminal" checked, without which it completely fails to launch) is when I launch with the start menu icon a terminal window opens, and prompts me for a password. After I enter my password the terminal window remains open and eddie is launched. I don't particularly like having to leave this extra terminal window open, especially since if I accidentally close the terminal window, eddie will instantly and ungracefully shut down without any exit prompt. In summary, I do want to have to enter my password, I just don't want to have to leave the extra terminal window open.

-Uncle Hunto

I get this error every time I connect to a server in Canada.

. 2016.07.19 22:50:19 - Checking authorization ..., 1° try failed (Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused))

! 2016.07.19 22:50:20 - Connecting to Sargas (Canada, Toronto, Ontario)
. 2016.07.19 22:50:20 - OpenVPN > OpenVPN 2.3.11 x86_64-apple-darwin15.5.0 [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [MH] [iPv6] built on May 19 2016
After I get this error it connects successfully, but I still get the error every time.

@UncleHunto

" from the command line will launch said bash script and essentially run the same command you referred to here:"

Well, this would be true if  sudo... path=$HOME went to my home instead of a roots home. You could export $HOME somewhere but I did it the way that was easiest for me. 

"After I enter my password the terminal window remains open and eddie is launched. I don't particularly like having to leave this extra terminal window open"

There are a couple of ways you can get around this. First, you could use gksu or gksudo. Second, you could add disown and exit to your launch parameters (command & disown && exit). Or, if you want to do it the way you have been doing it: Go to the open terminal window and hit ctrl+z, then input the following commands (hitting enter between each one (should work for bash and zsh (the initial ctrl+z suspends process, bg puts it in the background, disown frees it from the shell it was launched from):

bg

disown

exit

@UncleHunto

Try bash -x command if you want to see more debug information from scripts. Example:

$ sudo bash -x /usr/bin/airvpn

+ mono /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe --path=/root/.airvpn
I 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Eddie client version: 2.11 / x64, System: Linux, Name: Arch Linux \r (\l) / x64
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Reading options from /root/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Data Path: /root/.airvpn
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - App Path: /usr/lib/AirVPN
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Executable Path: /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Command line arguments (1): path="/root/.airvpn"
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Operating System: Unix 4.6.4.1 - Linux hostname 4.6.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 11 19:12:32 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - OpenVPN Driver - Found, /dev/net/tun
I 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - OpenVPN - Version: OpenVPN 2.3.11 (/usr/bin/openvpn)
I 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - SSH - Version: OpenSSH_7.2p2, OpenSSL 1.0.2h  3 May 2016 (/usr/bin/ssh)
I 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - SSL - Version: stunnel 5.35 (/usr/bin/stunnel)
! 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Ready
. 2016.07.20 02:54:51 - Updating systems & servers data ...
. 2016.07.20 02:54:53 - Systems & servers data update completed
. 2016.07.20 02:54:55 - Shutdown in progress
. 2016.07.20 02:54:56 - Shutdown complete

Hope that makes sense.

@UncleHunto

We are testing the latest Manjaro (and Fedora 24 has a similar issue).

We can reproduce the issue about the hung "Restarting with admin privileges" issue and the DNS checking failure.
There is also another problem related to the 'portable' version: a crash related to the libMonPosixHelper.so.
Thanks, and please wait. When we resolve the above issues, we will release an update.

Kind regards

I tested in Ubuntu 14.04 and in Knoppix 7.2, both versions (I use portable versions, official and beta experimental) work.

​I am very much enjoying the new client although this morning had my first problem with it. Having been logged on all night, I tried to change server, and every time it tried a new server, it came up with this:

​The underlying connection was closed.
Could not establish trust relationship for  the SSL/TLS secure channel.

​I will happily attach the logfile (it's long!) or send it in to your support.

​I am very much enjoying the new client although this morning had my first problem with it. Having been logged on all night, I tried to change server, and every time it tried a new server, it came up with this:

I'm getting the same thing right now, though it doesn't seem to ever allow me to connect at the moment (tried a range of servers around the world).   Was working fine yesterday too.

Need to be able to enlarge  Eddie , So writing , print can be enlarge for older people and for people with poor eye sight . 

Eddie 2-11  working on Mint 18   so far Ok ,  just start to use it .  Thanks

Need to be able to enlarge  Eddie , So writing , print can be enlarge for older people and for people with poor eye sight . 

Eddie 2-11  working on Mint 18   so far Ok ,  just start to use it .  Thanks

. You can do this yourself if you look under preferences. You will shortlyy find an option to change the font and size. You can also change the size of the box by dragging the cursor around. Sorry my explanation is so poor but if you explore, you will find that you can do it (I'm using Android at the moment so don't have access to it!)

2.11beta and Mint 17.3.

The mono GUI keeps dying (just vanishes) after some hours of starting, although the connection still keeps working. My routine is to "killall openvpn" which kills the connection before simply relaunching the 2.11beta GUI and reconnecting.

It's clearly a mono stability issue and even the previous long-serving 2.10 version of Eddie suffered from it for a while, but later became rock solid.

Looking forward to further updates and especially the native GTK3 version down the line.

@hungryghost - thanks for the tips 

@Staff - good to hear you're testing on Manjaro

-Uncle Hunto

Still can't download the windows version for the beta.

@vpro_

Windows XP 64-bit .exe Installer:  https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows_xp_x64_installer.exe

Windows XP 64-bit .zip Portable:  https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows_xp_x64_portable.zip

Windows Vista / 7 64-bit .exe Installer:  https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows_x64_installer.exe

Windows Vista / 7 64-bit .zip Portable:  https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows_x64_portable.zip

Windows 8, 8.1, 10 64-bit .exe Installer:  https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows8_x64_installer.exe

Windows 8, 8.1, 10 64-bit .zip Portable:  https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows8_x64_portable.zip

-Uncle Hunto

I can't get the tunnel driver to install. I uninstalled both airvpn&driver, cleaned registry, and restarted windows. I am on W8.1 and installed the 64bit version and the ran airvpn as administrator, still getting the prompt message "Driver installation failed" after "installing tunnel driver" loading screen.

Same with 32bit...

Edit: It actually says "Driver installation failed", but if you look at programs installed, it is there. I just restarted Windows and everything is fine. You guys might want to fix that to "restart windows" or add a restart windows function with yes or no.

Eddie 3.x will have a new UI engine (also based on GTK+ under Linux, to drop Mono WinForms that are affected by a lot of unresolved bug)

Will it also support the latest Plasman Desttop?

Meaning will the trayicon work properly on the latest plasma desktop?

Please say Yes

Thanks.

I'm getting the same thing right now, though it doesn't seem to ever allow me to connect at the moment (tried a range of servers around the world).   Was working fine yesterday too.

I'm going to answer our own question. It seems this problem was nothing to do with the beta client but was a network-wide error with the AirVPN service. Seems to be working fine today!

Hello!

New version 2.11.2beta is now available. Version 2.11.0beta is no more available and RC. Changelog from 2.11.0beta:

• [bugfix] OS X - Application Signature
  • [change] Windows - Bundled with TAP version 9.21.2
  • [bugfix] Countries list bugfixes.
  • [change] Windows - Message about upgrading TAP driver
  • [bugfix] Routes -> Outside the VPN tunnel now works
  • [bugfix] Windows/Linux - UI glitch on Network Lock settings with the "Outside the VPN tunnel" settings.
  • [bugfix] Windows/Linux - Minimal UI fixes
  • [bugfix] Linux - Privileges detection on some platform (ArchLinux for example)
  • [bugfix] Windows - WFP mode fixes about Win7/Vista compatibility issues
  • [bugfix] Windows - WFP mode now set by default.
  • [new] Windows/Linux - Column reorder / saving position, width, sorting for servers/areas/logs list

Kind regards

Wow, the new version 2.11.2 not working on my windows, keep restarting the previous 2.11 working

Windows WFP, Add rule failed: Unknown interface ID

The new client is pretty lovely. I'm trying it on Win 7 64-bit at the moment.

Thoughts:

• I noticed that even though Internet Explorer isn't my default browser, Eddie still opens it when you go to the settings in the top left corner and click things such as "Speed Test (Web)". whenever you click a link in the client. It would be nice if it would open it in the default browser :].

• I also found it a bit odd that the AirVPN button is greyed out.

• I also also suggest that Eddie links directly to ipleak.net, in the same drop-down menu as the Speed Test, Portforwarding, Preferences & other settings, because Air controls that site and it's an excellent site. If you call it something such as "Test If You're Protected" or something, then it might make more new users click it as well, as opposed to if you simply call it "ipleak", which they might not know what is. I wonder if the ipleak "IP" and "DNS" fields could be made to display in the client, so that when opening Eddie, it's immediately clear what those 2 results from ipleak would be, haha. It would be especially cool if there was some indication that people who want to torrent, should try download the ipleak test torrent. Just thoughts.

• It's a shame that WebRTC still leaks with Network Lock on.

• I think it would be a cool little feature if, when servers are taken down, they don't automatically get removed from the list, but get greyed out instead. Maybe with a message which says "Taken down on x/x/xxx/". So people don't have to ask. Then after a certain amount of time, such as a couple of days or a week, the greyed out ones are pruned from the list. Just a thought haha. People do have their favorite servers around here.

• I think it would be MUCH more intuitive if the "Preferences" button was moved down to the left pane and simply called either "Preferences" or "Advanced". Because then you wouldn't need to click the logo to discover, from the users point of view, even more settings. I would put it either above or below "Logs", as that makes sense to me, because they're both advanced sort of things and connected. Then you would also reserve the AirVPN button for various links, as you already do and you would then also have space for the ipleak link, if you add it. Or you could put some kind of "Test" button, which links to ipleak, right in the "Overview" tab, so that it's noticeable. It would let people immediately check if they're hidden. Maybe you could put a "What is WebRTC?" link somewhere in the bottom right hand corner or something as well.

• In the Protocols area, it would be nice if we could still at least scroll down the list, while "Automatic" is ticked, instead of having to un-tick it, when we just want to take a look. It could perhaps also be nice if the list was more ordered, such as <only UDP>, <only TCP>, <only SSL> etc. But that's just an afterthought. Honestly though, I much prefer the old protocols view. Couldn't that design be kept and then you simply add the descriptions as on-hover text? So when you hover the mouse over "SSL tunnel" or "Port 443", some text will say "If your ISP applies caps" etc. etc. The new design simply seems less organised and easy to grasp.

• I'm pretty sure I read that this client would now make the send & receive buffer sizes 256kb by default. If so, why is it set to "OpenVPN default"? Wouldn't it be more intuitive to just put in 256kb then, when it's the Eddie client we're talking about? Perhaps it's not everyone who knows what the default is, haha.

• When a user activates Network Lock, they can't get online unless Eddie is on. So have you considered making it such that when someone chooses to activate NL, that the options in "General" are also automatically set to "Connect at Startup" and/or "Start With Windows" ?

• What happened to the Tor button? It was such a super convenient thing. I hope it doesn't get removed. Aha, so it's in Proxy now. That wasn't so easy to find, I have to admit. Maybe the tab should be named Proxy/Tor instead, since it's quite important. In the last stable version, it was under Protocols and when you went into Protocols, it was immediately noticeable, due to the way the page was structured; big radius buttons, dividing lines, gaps in the list and so on. Now it's as if Tor is hidden in the list and it doesn't stick out. That's my view . Or is Tor being hidden, a very subtle AirVPN technical joke?

• Lastly, when trying out the speedtest on the site, it just says "NaN". What's this? NA for Not Available would make sense, but NaN? I have to re-try the test a few times until it stops saying it and does the test. My speeds are still very slow, but I think that's more to do with my line or something.

Thank you. Very good work so far, do keep it up !

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

WebRTC does not leak when Network Lock is on. You might see some local address in the tests but it is not your IP address, this is the local address

that a browser may pass to the WebRTC server. This will not be a WAN IP.

NaN is actually "not a number" in ANSI C standard. This is expected when the value is not an integer, when the speed test did not start or had an error

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Ah yea, thanks zhang

It's just that when I do get an error, it usually outright says "error".

It shows two addresses by the way.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.