Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.92.134

Hi guys,

​Just want to firstly say thank you for the services you provide. I just have a few questions that I would like some discussion on if possible. My setup for using Tor through Airvpn's client is a s follows, my OS is Ubuntu, Mate, Mint or Windows as the base OS which I use to connect the VPN. I then use VMware or virtual box, mostly virtual box due to it not being proprietary to launch a fully contained Tails instance from an .ISO file without persistence, which I then use to connect to Tor. In the Eddie client I have Network lock active at all times, I remove the default gateway and even block ping and the private network access. I have however noticed that if you use DHCP, the default route is reconfigured after a few minutes even though network lock has removed it. I switched to static addressing and this issue hasn’t come up since. I am not sure if you are aware of this. I use this setup because Tor and Eddie's network lock feature isn’t compatible as yet and I do not like the idea of using the VPN without it. I would just like to know any views on this setup and any suggestions on improving security even further.

​I also stumbled on this new feature in Firefox network.dns.blockdotonion, a new preference setting introduced in Firefox 45.0. Any thoughts on this? Why would they want to block .onion dns queries or dns results?

Hello !

​I believe it's known that NL doesn't work with Tor. However, a new experimental version of Eddie has been released, so this will likely get addressed at some point. You should check out the Off-topic forum, wherein you can get some feedback on more ways to secure yourself; or the various links in my own guide. You could for instance, check out the new Subgraph OS.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.