Not connected, Your IP: 52.90.40.84

Notes from Staff

1) this topic has been split to keep it readable because it contains at least two important pieces of information which deserve to not be mixed with funny flames. Off topic forum is the correct place for the split messages that you can now find in "[TOXIC WASTE] ---" topic.

2) the two persons who say that we allow this type of information for our purposes and suggesting that we should censor it are not in good faith in our opinion, because our forums have been full of marketing promotion of competitors and we never saw them advocating the censorship of such messages. The difference is that this thread reports alleged facts from various sources, it is not marketing.

Additionally, when you claim that the reported facts and/or the opinions and/or the actions by a moderator of a single sub-forum of a forums set dedicated to the community and handled by the community reflect in any way any AirVPN opinion, idea or action, then you're living in a fantasy world. It should be superfluous to remind you that any message not written by "Staff" does not necessarily reflect any opinion, ideology and/or technical or non-technical knowledge of AirVPN personnel.

Kind regards

Proof they gave up anything besides a blanket "we log nothing" reply?

“A subpoena was sent to London Trust Media and the only information they could provide is that the cluster of IP addresses being used was from the east coast of the United States,” the FBI’s complaint reads.

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/ 

That is what I found, if you read the article yeah they told them that they do not log, but if you do NOT have anything saying who is connected RIGHT now the servers wouldn't work, I thought you'd understand that and fact is when they got that subpoena being an American company they HAD to handover what they had, which was probably just connected right now logs which is in realtime and once someone disconnects theres no evidence they ever were connected but that doesn't mean they didn't give what they had, even if what they had was practically nothing.

Just finished reading the article. The FBI had a fuck ton of evidence on this cunt to begin with, their attempt at PIA was just fluff to bolster their claims further. I mean, once they knew he had the VPN all they had to do was check the ISP logs to see if he connected to the offending ip/server at the time the emails were sent. Just goes to show you that when fuckers like this make mistakes and slip up, VPN data is almost irrelevant because of all the other evidence they have to begin with.

Yeah the guy was pretty screwed already, contacting PIA was primarily just to get as much evidence as possibe, and I do commend PIA for sticking to their no logging policy despite the issues I had with them

I think Perfect Privacy still has servers there...

As of this moment, exactly zero real VPNs have a presence in Russia.

It's perhaps not surprising that a company operated by neo-nazis is operating in a fascist country:

https://linksunten.indymedia.org/en/node/61004

http://www.constantinereport.com/austria-home-mozart-liszt-strauss-hitler-neo-nazisvpn-provider-perfect-privacy-run-neo-nazis/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottfried_K%C3%BCssel

Have to ask....so was Air avoiding Russia because it was expensive? If yes, that's understandable given Air's great value service.

There's a few reasons why, which AirVPN also explained. Both links were in my guide too. If you scroll down to the "Community Threads Of Interest Section", you can find questions relating to other locations too.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

So much trash in a topic that I thought could be both productive and informative, in a sense that at least

some comments could be on the right direction.

Some of you mentioned some logging policies of that VPN provider, that was not the issue. Others mentioned

some "Russian policies" about some encryption keys that have to be given to the FSB (Directly?) I will not comment

on that as well. Simply it is clear that most people who replied with some biased ideas never did any business with

Russian providers, and that is fine, that was also not part of this thread.

Just read between the lines. A provider that closed the discussion board, the live chat, and some expensive nodes,

out of which I can only comment on the latter...You can draw your own conclusions by yourself.

The entire point was not about the integrity or the policy of any given provider, it's about loss and profit, which is

a very important point when you run a VPN business. Anyone who took the discussion to a point where they think

I simply "trash competitors without evidence", I suggest you to learn how to read, especially between the lines,

based on given facts, which I presented you earlier in this thread.

As far as I go, the opinions are my own, if you ever read any twitter page of any security researcher that happens

to contribute to any community, this term should be familiar to you as well.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I had to look this up. The NSA is not a company. They are in fact a legitimate part of the United States Government.

Well seems I was wrong, they affect datacenters too apparently and VPN providers. Also Perfect Privacy don't necessarily have to have agreed with logging, the law only wants log data on Russian citizens and gives a rats ass about people from Germany or Britain, if they don't know about Perfect Privacy they got no reason to take their servers.

Well one could be a bit cocky and cynical and perhaps say that "reason" isn't even a theme here, since if it was, there wouldn't be such laws to begin with. But you know, I imagine it's much like with when the NSA says they won't collect information on their own citizens. However if during the dragnet surveillance a couple of their own citizens do get their data swept up, that's an unfortunate accident.

The difference is NSA is an american company and they have those constitution stuff that is to protect their privacy so if the NSA collects their data it goes against that, there is none of that here like I wrote above the law is because if people do something here with logs they can find whoever did it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency

And those Constitutional protections ceased to exist with the "Patriot Act".

I know it's not an actual company but didn't really know what else to call it. Also what is the "Patriot Act" ?

The reason I had to look it up is that for a very long time, the United States Postal Service was a part of the government, and recently it was made into a private company. (Likely because it was the only part of our government that involved money and actually made a profit.) So I figured they may have made the NSA a company for some reason.

Wait what? Really? I assumed USPS is still under the government. Where this source of information that lead the USPS to be the private company? My research found that it still independent agency of US government. As an American, I should know this already but I don't even aware of this. I know USPS have money problem due to rising cost but so far I know it is manageable. 

I am trying to stay out of this topic, so please refrain from quoting or liking this post. If you want to quote it for your own purposes, please favor me by copying the text as your own. Otherwise I will again be dragged in here.

Here is a link about the USPS. http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumerawareness/a/uspsabout.htm

That explains everything I said about them, read it if you care to, and be well.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Lets see how well UPS or Fed-X could hold up if they were forced to prefund 40 years of retirement benefits within a 10 year window.  The USPS is a victim of sabotage by republican congress under the influence of lobbyists for private carriers who salivate at the thought of being able to deliver documents three times slower at 10 times the price.

Unfortunately, the Postal Service continued its long string of financial losses in 2016. According to the USPS’ 2016 Annual Fiscal Report, after accounting for a $5.8 billion retiree health benefit prefunding obligation, the Postal Service posted a net loss of approximately $5.6 billion as compared to a $5.1 billion net loss for the year ended September 30, 2015.

Had the Postal Service not been required meet its congressionally mandated obligation to prefund its retiree health benefits program, the Postal Service would have recorded net income of approximately $200 million in 2016.